1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

intake manifold: summit S&S st.4

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by comet gt, Nov 7, 2012.

1. comet gt

Hi. was lookin for a good intake manifold for my comet gt, got 351W, currently carbed but going EFI. I saw those summit Street and strip stage 4 manifolds and noticed they had injector bosses. Anyone used these and knows how to modify them to EFI?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-226054/overview/make/ford

Sævar P

2. mustang-junky

Looks just like the Pro-comp intake. They(Pro-comp) make a set of fuel rails for that intake, the injectors point straight down, not angled like stock. I have one in my car. You may be able to find the intake and fuel rails cheaper on ebay.

The biggest problem I ran into was that the injector was partially shrouded by the top if the intake port of the cylinder head. My heads are iron Windsor sr.s, and I did have to have the intake cut some to fit my motor, so you may not have this problem.

Jess

3. 302f150

Here is a good manifold with the bosses drilled for you. I have a friend running that, victor jr heads, on a 383 ford running low 10s on pump gas in a coupe. I've heard not so great things about pro-comp heads... idk about their intakes but i doubt they flow as well as the edelbrock

4. skip

I would just use of the the Edelbrock ones. Less time and money spent trying to figure out the problems of procomp stuff.

5. comet gt

Mustang Junky: I've got roush 200 heads, so it seems I'll have similar problems.
    302f150: this good manifold you talk about, are you referring to the summit manifolds?
    Found me a decent looking, used manifold on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-2...Parts_Accessories&hash=item20cd0551aa&vxp=mtr
    But he only ships to USA, but I live in Iceland so it is quite complicated sometimes to get good deals on Ebay, not to mention the SBF EFI crows here is literally nonexistent.
    Got a used Performer truck EFI manifold, but it is quite tall, an from what i've heard, doesn't flow awfully well.

6. Disney Lincoln

7. 302f150

Somehow I didn't get the link in... Disney posted the ones I was looking at

8. mustang-junky

Making the intake was not a problem after grinding a notch above each port. Everything works good, no leaks. But if I had a nice set of heads I would not have ground on the just to fit the Pro comp intake. Better heads and I would have bought the edelbrock intake.

If hood clearance is an issue the Pro comp might help. I have not measured it, but it looks like it is lower profile than the victor sr efi intake. I can measure I you would like to know for sure.

Jess

9. comet gt

Hood clearance will probably not be an issue. I am looking at the professional products manifold, manly due to cost. Are there many people running these?
    did a quick search, there seems to be about 50/50 shot of getting a proper item from them?
    Any more options I should look at?