1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Installed a MSD 8830

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by TwinSin, Aug 27, 2023.

1. TwinSin

If I hook the power wires directly to the battery, then this cap is going to be powered all the time? If I put it on the other side of the main power switch, then whenever I turn the switch on it will be powered but will also hold power and slowly discharge when the switch is off? In that case it will keep everything on that side of the switch powered until the cap runs out of power? I'm confused on the best spot for this.

2. B E N

Cap powered all the time won't matter, once it's charged up it won't put an excess draw on the battery. Wire it the same way as you had the heavy red wire to the ignition box wired previously.