1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

innovative exhaust housing v-band?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by nova, May 27, 2007.

1. nova

im planning on a 5" downpipe out of my 100mm GTB innovative turbo. i already happened to have a 5" v-band and i noticed it does not mate up to the band machined in the exhuast housiung. Does innovative make their own special v-band out of the exhuast housing? thanks.

2. debo

does it look like this? If so, Any local truck supply houses should have what you need. I went to TruckPro.
    [​IMG]#ad

3. nova

it does look the same for the most part. i called innovative and they said they make a special "dump" with a clamp that comes off the housing, $120 dollars later its the cheapest POS i have ever seen and it still dose not fit ( "v" part of the dump is too large in diameter ). im just going to have 1 piece of a 5" v-band welded to the housing, its gotta come off to get coated anyway, fug it. thanks for the info though.

4. bags50lx

I got my flange and clamp from kooks headers. It was 5 in and for my innovative turbo I will try to find pics of it for you if you still need one.

5. Mattsv8_03

i orderd mine from innovative it fits fine but the same thing at truck pro would have been cheaper alt. mine is stainless. truck pro doesnt sell stainless.

6. debo

My 5 inch v-band clamp and flange was like 38 bucks, I've got a gtb 88< I'd assume they are the same t-6 flanges.