1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Inner fender cutting/removal (entirely)

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Elmo owen, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Elmo owen

Hey guys,
    i've been searching a for a while but can't find any decent info, i want to cut out my inner fenders before and after the strut tower. The front ones have loads of holes in which i know can be filled or replaced but i'm a bit concerned about my under-hood temperatures with my twin turbo set-up.
    I considered fabricating a bar to run from the strut mount and chassis rail to triangulate it and guve some support to the outer fenders.
    are these panels load-bearing? It doesn't look so and i could do with the extra airflow..

2. stangman9897

something like this ?

[​IMG]#ad

3. Elmo owen

That's exactly what i mean!
    do you have any more pictures you can email me? My address is:
    This content is protected

4. stangman9897

Not my car, it's Brent Davis car , the blow thru carb guru.

5. stangman9897

nehttps://www.theturboforums.com/threads/363537-Brand-new-DART-427-engi

6. stangman9897

Soory the link doesn't work , they fucked the site up and i can't edit ao do shit to my post. Need to stop posting i guess.