1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mustang Turbo O2 sensors in Header or Downpipe ? ?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Shrek, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Shrek

I just want to know the science of this for my personal enjoyment/knowlage.

Im confused on what is the best, accurate reading of the o2 sensors.
    My Last and most turbo kits ive seen for mustangs the o2's are in the Header. The new Hotside I have now, the o2's are welded into the downpipe, Why?

Thank you for reading and for you sharing your info. ;)

2. Disney Lincoln

I run my O2 in the DP's. I think most people feel having them in the header is bad due to excessive heat in the charge pipes, but many have done so without problems.....

3. mtpturbo

The downpipe is generally preferred. The high pressure in front of the turbo causes the O2 sensor to produce inaccurate readings.

4. BOOSTEDROK

Turbo sbc here. I have mine about 18" after the turbo. Seems to work ok.