1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

injector timing

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by my8950, Oct 13, 2009.

1. my8950

I had a thought, and figured I would post it here in hopes that someone could give a good explanation of this. Can anyone explain injector timing, not the time that it takes to open the injector, but the times what the times are that the injector should open, and what it does at different times opening the injector earlier, later, etc....

Thank you for your help!

2. Disney Lincoln

I find that changing injector timing really only helps at idle and low rpm. Once you get over 2500rpm, i can find/feel very little effect on chaging injector timing. I generally just scale the timing across the board depending on the cam used.

3. Bellman Jeff

I suspect that optimizing injector timing matters most with emission, and probably idle quality..

It's been understood that batchfired injectors make as much power as sequential fired injectors..

4. my8950

I'd think there is a fuel economy benefit as well. I'm not talking for power, but in general I'd like to what someone who has some good info can say about it.

5. Disney Lincoln

I can't comment on emissions or mileage, but idle quality and "smoothness" can be improved.

6. Lance

With +50% duty cycle, injection becomes more of a metering function than a precise timed squirt.

Sequential injection DOES make a difference at idle and slow engine speeds because the duty can be changed every injection and not just every full cycle. And the fuel says in suspension for the most part.

:jstk:

7. my8950

Can we talk in degrees over RPM?

8. nealysa