1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

injector sizing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by zemog, Nov 30, 2009.

1. zemog

302 has twin turbonetic 58's looking to put 650rwhp, currently have 42's , i know i have to up the lines and rails just needing some input on the inj. size and wether to double the 255 pump or just run a boost a pump
    thanks

2. Thunderhorse

technically your injectors should handle 600rwhp, but you would need to run either cobra pumps or put a second 255lph fuel pump. A single 255lph should flow enough to about 400rwhp

3. ssj50driver

Is the 255 an intank I'm assuming? I would run dual inlines (parallel) and call it a day. I always say it's good to have more fuel (especially if it's ever needed). Good luck.

4. zemog

it is intank and it is the hp255 pump, i dont know how much difference there is in the regualar vs. the hp pump, but i get the picture
    thanks again

5. ThomasWPT

For 650 rwhp you should run at least 60 lb injectors (at a minimum). A single 255 lph and a boost-a-pump will get you to 650 rwhp, but for room to grow I'd recommend a pair of Walbro 255 lph run in parallel.