1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

5.0 Tuning tools

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by FEAR ONE, Sep 23, 2007.

1. FEAR ONE

Im coming from the import world DSM to be exact, Im familiar with the SAFC can it be use on the 5.0 mustang? what are the most common tuning tools used to tuning them.

2. Racinjason81

timing light and an allen key to adjust your AFPR and a wideband O2.
    if you want to go deeper than that get a stand alone computer like a tweecer , PMS

3. Matt Cramer

I'm pretty sure a SAFC would work on one, but it's more common to either hack the stock ECU or replace it with a full standalone.

4. vristang

I'm still kinda new here so I am not familiar with the term 'SAFC'

Tweecer and PMS aren't standalones.
    The tweecer is a J3 module with contains a chip which can have modified tunes burned to it. The Moates.net hardware works very similar to this...
    The PMS intercepts the input and output signals at the ecu/wire harness.

These seem to be the most commons tuning solutions for the DIY guys.
    Of course a dyno tune could be considered as well...

jason

5. FEAR ONE

The SAFC is a fuel controller that most imports use, its very user freindly giving you the option of adjusting your fuel from 800 to redline