1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ms2 tune needed

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by stroked5.0, Sep 19, 2007.

1. stroked5.0

does any one have a tune for a turbo sbc that i could use for a base tune? i just need some thing i can use to get the car running and half way driveable, then have it tuned on the dyno.

combo:
    388 stroker
    broix track 1 heads
    victor efi ntake
    ford iac
    custome grind cam
    84 lb injectors
    mallory unilite w/digital 6 box
    pt-91

2. Matt Cramer

FYI, the base MS2 tune was actually from a ~400" stroker SBC, although it was naturally aspirated. Extending the VE and spark tables up to your boost level and adjusting it to your injector size is likely to get you in the ballpark.

3. stroked5.0

where exactly doi find the base tune in the software?

4. Matt Cramer

It's already there when you load the firmware (or pre-loaded on an assembled unit). You will, of course, need to make a bit of adjustment as it's just a starting point.

5. rocke

i think you have a lot of reading to do on the MS site. it tells you how to come up with a base tune from using the software. using someone else tune is just going to cause more trouble then it is worth.

6. Millhouse

+1, been there done that. Using someone elses tune as a base is TROUBLE!!!

7. stroked5.0

well ive read the site multiple times and searched the megatune software and can find no default tune anywhere. everyone tells me its there but i cant find it. i just need a bas tune to get the car to run so i can take it to someone for a final tune. cause the difference in cost is dramaticly cheaper if the car already runs. i just need it to start and run well enough to pull on a trailer and drive onto the dyno. thats it. im not dumb enough to try and use someone elses tune to drive the car. but if some one could explain how to load the default tune i could work with that.

8. turbodnotch

Why dont you try to follow the basic startup procedure, and get it to idle. Sounds like thats what your after

9. Matt Cramer

The default tune is just plain there, inside the Megasquirt, when you first load the firmware.

10. stroked5.0

well i have other problems right now. cant get my laptop to communicate with the ecu, grrrrr.
    got a new laptop and no seria port. well the usb adapter i have doesnt work so i tried a differnt one same thing. now im gonna try a different lptop and see if that fixes the problem.

11. turbodnotch

Have you tried this

Copied from DIYAutotune.com

"If you don't know your COM port click START and RIGHT-click '˜My Computer' and select '˜Manage' from the little menu that pops up. Select '˜Device Manager' in the left pane of this window and then expand '˜Ports (COM & LPT) in the right pane of this window. This shows your available COM ports, it has to be one of these. If you are using a USB adapter it's usually pretty easy to tell which one it is as it will say something like 'USB Adapter COM4', if not then you may have to try each of them (usually there are only one or two unless you have a USB adapter).

12. stroked5.0

yeah tried it. what a p.i.t.a. iv got an older laptop with a serial port im gonna try when i get time over the weekend and we will see what happens.