1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Injector Phase angle

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by lederip, Aug 24, 2008.

1. lederip

I have a BigStuff3 with a cam signal (seq) How do setup the Injector phase angle? I noticed the Injector Phase Table in the manual is totally different then my setup table. I bought my box from Kurt at Wheel to Wheel. There is no one to talk to there anymore :(
    Thanks Ken

2. lederip

Is there a base setup that anyone uses? Where do I start?

From Manual:
    The Injector Phase Angle setting allows the ECU to 'time' the fuel delivery relative to the intake valve opening!
    To calculate the actual Start of Injection (SOI) use the following equation:
    SOI = Table Value (from Injector Phase Table below) '“ Crank Reference Value = Injection Point (point where injector will begin introducing fuel).
    The major benefit of this feature is realized when using high flow injectors with a smaller duty cycle.

3. gryphon68

Shouldn't this be a delta angle from the CAM Reference Angle for true sequential injection? (but measured in crank degrees, maybe?)

If you are only looking at the crank you don't know if you are on your intake or power stroke.

Basically it should be watching the cam/dizzy signal, if you know when this event/signal occurs, the injector phase angle is the difference in crank or cam rotation from the cam/dizzy trigger pulse to when you want the injector to open for the first cylinder (not necessarily #1?)

4. lederip

The cam/dizzy -- signal/event occurs at 60 btdc. The Crank signal happens at 50 btdc.

5. gryphon68

This only happens once every Two Crank Revolutions

This happens once every Crank Revolution.

When does the intake valve open? What cylinder does the BS3 consider "first"??

6. tilt

Hey i,m loking at doing the same thing currently.
    Let's say my cam card says the intake vavle opens at 8* BTDC *INTAKE STROKE*
    Do i set the phase angle at 50*BTDC - 8* for 42* or... is it 360 + 8 - 50 for 318* on the crank?

The other scenario is find out where the trigger magnet falls on the balancer and in my case (passenger side mount) add 8* for lets say 278* on the balancer.
    Wow now i'm confusing myself :bang:

What cylinder does the BS3 consider "first"??Everything is set up to number one cylinder.

I'm in the boat where i'm using bosch 160's and i'd like to run perfect.

Sorry to hi jack here but it'll help us all.

7. lederip

Thanks for your help!! Cam card says Valve Timing= Intake ( open: 14 BTDC -- close: 50 ABDC ) Exhaust ( open 63 BBDC -- close 11 ATDC)

I guess #1 cylinder???

8. tilt

Bringing her back from the dead.