1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ok, so I came across some money........should I get the tweecer or tweecer r/t??

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by twinturbowannabe91, Apr 8, 2005.

1. twinturbowannabe91

i'd like to save as much as possible, but I could possibly afford both, but definitely the regular tweecer version RIGHT NOW. So what exactly is the advantage of the r/t version and do I really need it with a stock motor and twin turbo junkyard setup?? Thanx.

2. boost

I would say neither one. The support for it is very lousy/confusing.

3. 1turboLX

Anderson PMS :rockon:

4. Attatoy

tweecer rt ......if and when you get a wideband you will undderstand why. The support is minimal , i will agree, but it is like doing a job with out all the tools right now. When you get the wide band then all the adjustments you make will make perfect sence. Besides , i have learned more in the last month then i have ever knon about efi . pppp's

5. GT_4_FUN

I would get the RT. It will allow you to tune your car in by seeing what the EEC is commanding for fuel and spark and you can adjust the injector settings by logging the fuel trims.

Support from the manufacture for tuning is a hit or miss. But if you are having trouble getting it set up to run, I found out that you can get help.

For Tuning help, the Tweecer Forum or the Yahoo newsgroup is where to go.

Be prepared to do LOTS of studying to know what to tune for. For the EEC-IV's, I feel this is the best solution. But then I haven't tried a standalone system.

6. boost

I have had the tweecer rt for about 6 months before. After doing almost a year of research and using the thing for 6 months, I sold it out of pure dislike for it.

Do yourself a favor...go to http://tweecer.oplnk.net and look in the classifieds and see how many people just up and sell them. There are only a handful of people that actually keep them.

7. Disney Lincoln

Pussies! Cant take a few months of mental torture?

8. GT_4_FUN

Look in the classifieds here and see how many people are selling turbos. There must not be many people keeping them :rolleyes:

9. Attatoy

hahahhahahhaha
    I will agree that they are not for every one.

10. gaslight

:withstu:
    great point

11. twinturbowannabe91

Well I decided to buy a wideband first, since I have no idea if its running lean or rich right now, and I'd rather know if its about to blow up rather than tune it without knowing the mixture. I will get the tweecer after next week's batch of ebay stuff sells (I sell ebay stuff).

12. foxstanggt

Thats it? damn you got off easy, i'm working on 2 years of mental torture... lol But hey i understand what i need to now so i'm good to go:)

:LMAO: hahahaha, that was good

Just get the RT, you did the right thing by getting the wideband first. Which wideband did you get? The tweecer will log AFR with most widebands, you just have to do a little work(splice a wire).

13. twinturbowannabe91

plx-300.

Didn't put in the order yet, but I plan on ordering tonight or tommorow.

14. foxstanggt

Nice, i have the same wideband, let me know if you have any questions!:D