1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Where does everyone have there ignition boxes mounted?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Josh, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Josh

Under the seat in the engine bay? Looking for mountin ideas on a 95.

2. yellow5.0cobra

weld some studs behind the new sheetmetal you welded in the engine bay and mount it on the back end.

:D

3. 8urls1

trunk

in the trunk on the side of the batery box

4. Josh

That'd work good but I need to get to the two step controls easy (which are on the side of the box)

5. WaterPog

7AL box I'm guessing?

if you've pulled the airbag you could make a bracket to put it behind the cover where the passenger side one was, it'd be hidden, have plenty of free air and be really accessable.

I put mine (Holley strip annihilator) where the stock ECU was but it's all programmed through a little hand heald deal so that wasn't a concern.

what about inside the center console? Not sure how that would work from a cooling perspective though.

6. Josh

I went with the Dean trunk mount. I've got the airbag still.

It is a Crane.

7. davidl340

I mounted my digital 6 inside the fender with the end sticking close to right above the washer fill hole, on top of the washer tank. Hidden inside the fender, but still accessible to be adjusted.

8. stompnstang

i have had a 85 gt 86 gt 89 gt and a 95 and put 6-al inall of them and mounted under the radio consel on the transmission hump was out of the way and not really seen that well and close enuff for all my plug in controls in the 85 i dished the radio and made a plate where it was and had all my switches there so that i could run the two step ,line lock and launch rpm off one button and one 3 way switch
    that just what i did tho and really liked the set up thats my two cents

9. RI85GT

I cut the back out of my glove box and mounted the box/3 step/rpm dials on an Alum plate right behind dash

All I have to do it open the glove door and adjust stuff

10. Alex in Houston

11. Josh

Looks good Alex!

12. BLUEBLOOD

Mounted my Dig 6 in front of the drivers seat mounting bracket. Easy to get to and away from the heat and elements.

13. Ackbar00

Mine is where the battery used to sit.

14. ronlp

I'm getting the Crane hi6 setup too. Looks like it's gonna live on the back of the bumper as that's pretty much the only free real estate left. I already have the front of my plastic wheelwells cut out for access of other things, so it's easy to get to, plus lots of airflow down there.

15. GT_4_FUN

This is also what I did.

Craig

16. TurboSN95

under the passenger seat

17. Trentk

mine is where the stock airbox used to be. I have only had one MSD fail in 5 years and I bought this thing used. Needless to say it gets very hot in PHoenix too.

Trent

18. gtluke

under the driver's seat

19. Steed93

Under driver fender well.

20. TurboVictim

Glove compartment.