1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Infiniti g35 60-1 ignition timing

Discussion in 'Turbo Sport Compact, 4-6 Cylinder and Import Turbo Tech' started by turbocoronet, Jun 29, 2011.

1. turbocoronet

The Turbonetics kit reflash sets the timing to 12 degrees total which seems very low to me. We are running 91 octane, 8.8 to 1 comp, 500cc/min water/ meth at 50%, no intercooler and 10.8 to 1 a/f ratio. The turbo was relocated to beside the trans. from behind the drivers headlight where the kit puts it. This made a huge gain in performance because of the reduction in backpressure. While data logging we noticed the timing was 11 to 12 degrees during boost. Is that normal for these engines?

infinity (3).JPG #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

From what i've seen, the 350Z and 370Z guys are running around 18-20 with a good IC. Alky will allow you more timing as well.

I would start by bringing it up 2* at a time. I wouldn't go past 20* unless you can monitor knock in real time.

3. turbocoronet

Thanks for the reply. We bumped the timing up 4 more degrees 1 at a time and so far so good. Haven't put on a way of monitoring knock on this car so trying to be very cautious. I learned the hard way on this car already and it not easy or cheap to fix.