1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

twin wastegate controller

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by poofta, Nov 26, 2006.

1. poofta

Does anyone know if the Greddy ProfecB SpecII controller will control two wastegates at the same time?

TIA,

Roger

2. mfpmax

Yes, all you need to do is T them off.

3. poofta

Thanks, i was wondering if that would work

4. dansauto

I have had trouble getting it to work with two gates. I run lines off the top of the gate and t them togater into the control valve. Does not seem to do anything, I am only getting wastegate spring (10 # ) of boost. That is how the directions show to run it. Should I really be running the control inline with the signel (side of waste gate)?

5. Ackbar00

6. dansauto

yep, that is how I have them run, Seems like the gate now has pressure at the top of the diaphram and the bottom of the diaphram. the boost control solinode valve then just controls the pressure entering the top. That is why I liked the profecb as you can close the gate (no cracking) for quicker spool up. I chose a larger A/R for this reason, but I cant get the damn thing to work. I am going to check all my vacuum lines again, I hope that distance does not matter as one gate is much closer to the control than the other.