1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Incon Twin Turbo Surge Problem

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by David735, Nov 17, 2003.

1. David735

Car was running fine for 6months, now all of a sudden after about 10secs of idling car starts to surge till it dies. It seems to be running super rich compared to before. It seems to almost be loading up like a 2-stroke. Its got to be sensor related. So far Ive replaced the IAC, and MAF sensors whats my next sensor I should replace. Cars all stock except for the incon kit.

2. Barry D.

i assume you've already checked everything over for vacuum leaks? that is one thing that would cause it to do what you've described - even running rich. if there was a leak and the vacuum was lower than usual, since the fuel pressure regulator is vacuum sourced, it would be running more fuel pressure than normal. it'd explain your surging problem too.

3. David735

im showing 10-15psi vac at idle

4. NOVA50

If its the same car thats in you sig check your DPFE sensor they always go bad on the new Fords.

5. David735

its a 93