1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Incon oil seals:

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 93PONY, Jan 7, 2004.

1. 93PONY

My Incon turbos seem to be leaking oil into the inlet air stream. From the looks of it for a while now.
    I assume it's just a bad seal. Where do I get new seals & how hard is it to replace them?
    Or where should I send my turbos to get the seals replaced?

2. twinturbostang

You sure the oil drains are unrestricted? In other words, are they being pinched by the engine mounts/K-member? That's the first thing to check if you're getting oil from the turbos.

3. 93PONY

I installed -8 steel braided teflon lines that are not kinked & flow down to the oil pan. I have not yet run the motor for more then a few seconds, just primed the oil pump, but when the motor is running there is a constant vacuum in the oil pan that would also help pull the oil from the drain lines.

Hmm....there wasn't any oil in the intercooler that I noticed, perhaps I'll just put it all back together & hope it goes away. There wasn't more then a drop of oil in each compressor outlet.

4. Josh

Mine had new ones put in mine. No biggie.

5. twinturbostang

If you don't have any oil in the intercooler, then the seals are not leaking. Or at least not on the compressor side. I had a kinked oil drain one time, and while cleaning everything out after realizing what had happened, I removed the intercooler discharge tube, and oil came GUSHING out!

6. ShaneH

A drop of oil or two on any turbo is pretty normal. I've yet to have a turbo car that didn't have a little in the compressor. Due to the way the oil seals and center sections are designed, if there's a restriction in the drain it will leak out of the turbine side first. By the time it starts to leak out of the compressor you will be aware due to the long cloud of blue smoke behind you. :)