1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Is this turbo enough?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by toker, Oct 4, 2005.

1. toker

Saw this on ebay, the price range is right where i want it, but what is the quality of it? and would 2 of these be enough to feed a mopar 440?

/Michael

2. JZ 97 SS 1500

Umm, you might want to do a search on SSautochrome on this site.

xspowerjunk.jpg #ad

3. mustangguy72

Other than beating up on ss autochrome, you should really use two t4 turbos to feed that many cubes. Look a few posts up on what happens to a turbo with too restrictive a hotside.

4. BOSs5.0

we have a mopar section here, go take a look. Lotsa great info over there.

5. toker

thanks for the replys, I'll drop this idea then:)

I'm so lost when it comes to turbo sizes and especialy when theres allot of engine to feed...

Btw, the search funktion is disabled atm so i cant find the goodies about SSautochrome:)

6. BOSs5.0

Toker... looks like you are NO stranger to boosted Mopars, so how much HP you lookin to get outta this 440, and what are the specs on it, purpose of use... that kinda stuff.

7. toker

No stranger to boost, but a compleat stranger to big turbos.

I'm shoting for 700~800hp since thats right where my chassi will work best, i think atleast. And the engine block will most likely hold this amount of power.

Specs as of today, 440RB bored .030
    Forged crank, H-Beam, Ross pistons not decided since i havent picked my heads yet. also Cam is still to be made. Comp ratio will be 8:1-8,5:1

Final decision of this build will go by a friend of mine and former engine builder at Autoshop.

Use of this engine is 80% track, 20% streetrace.

Oh, almost forgot... the turbo plans are for 2007, next season will be procharged.

/Michael