1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

efi intake for b block

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by turbofreek, Oct 2, 2010.

1. turbofreek

Who makes one or can convert one to Efi.

2. inkjunkie

Might want to contact http://www.fastmanefi.com/ about converting an intake to efi. Indy offers one, I believe it is for Max Wedge ports......

3. CW25

I made my own. Really wasn't that hard. Used a mopar performance manifold.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. inkjunkie

That looks great. Did you just epoxy the bungs in?

5. turbofreek

How'd you do it? Remember I can't weld

6. moparjoe66

thats awesome where did u get the bungs and what kind of management system are u using :welder: :2thumbs: :bow:

7. turbofreek

he's running megasquirt I believe

8. moparjoe66

ok cool where do i get info or that megasquirt from

9. turbofreek

diyautotune.com. I think is the web site. Matt crater is a member/advertiser here and the go to guy for mega squirt.

10. furious70

The Edelbrock Victor has bungs cast in, but that's not the right intake for a street car IMO, unless you're making a 500" b block engine. I used an rpm performer, but also did a torker at the same time.

11. CW25

The victor only comes in the RB block. That is why I built my own. I would switch to a proflow XT but it is only built in a RB as well. :doh:

I drilled the holes in the manifold with a step bit and my cordless drill. I then cleaned up the holes with a dremel until the bungs were a snug fit. Used the fuel injectors to hold them in place while the JB weld dried and cleaned it up with a dremel. Shot a coat of aluminum paint and that is what I ended up with. I was pretty happy with the results and it is a pretty good looking setup under the hood. I have ran it for 2 years and a couple thousand miles and about a dozen trips down the track. It seems to be holding up well. I think the bungs were MSD epoxy in ones. I had to cut and clean them up alot to look that seemless but it is aluminum and easy to work with.

12. 74Dart

That intake looks really slick. Looks like the bungs were casted in!

13. turbofreek

If its this easy, how tall is a tunnel RAM base?

14. PrecisionTurboMustang

I have looked at this thread atleast a dozen times and just can't get over how good those injector bungs turned out.

15. turbofreek

you? I just ordered an intake and rails and trying to find the msd Bung kit available somewhere, cuz scumit and jugs don't have them in stock. I just ordered a bunch of shit tonight, well technically I found the stuff then going to look it over and place the order tomorrow. Got a lot of shit, but on the intake stuff is going to give any kind of work.

Now to just find some motor mounts :doh:

16. CW25

Thanks. It really came out better than I had originally planned but that is a good thing.

17. turbofreek

you never did say what kind of epoxy it was. Did it come with the Bung kit?

18. inkjunkie

A few posts up JB Weld is mentioned....

19. turbofreek

thanks, if your being a smartass(should be at least). I didn't see it I may need reading glasses :D

Also I just order the m1 intake and those same rails. Going to get the bungs from rps tomorrow and find some jbweld epoxy.

20. Wilde Racing

Here is my FI intake.. 1500-7000 RPM range.....

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad