1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Im questioning if i should run a liquid to air intercooler?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Mattsv8_03, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Mattsv8_03

hey guys im building a 89 camaro with proably a 10.5 tire. its a street car/ race car.
    the motor is a 357" sbc with a t88 turbo.
    im runnin a csu e85 blow through carb and i have nos.
    im thinking of spraying a 50 shot just as a coolant.
    do you guys think i will need a liquid to air intercooler? with the e85
    the fuel system will either be a belt driven pump or a eleminator pump.
    12 an feed to pump and 10 the rest of the way 10 an return and a a2000 buypass reg.
    the motor is buyilt and if tested with the carb so i konw all is good. now is just building. the car will have a cage only good to 8.50s and slower. im shooting for 1000 whp.
    i havent decided on stock suspension or ladder bar with a new frame that connects the front to the back and a wide rear for 29x 10.5 tires.
    if you think i need a liquid intercooler where do you recomend to get one. thats good but also inexpensive. or evan used.
    im hoping to fit it inbetween the dash on my caamro where the heater and all that crap went. :2thumbs:

2. Velocity Turbo 138

I saw a pretty nice used one on ebay the other day, I dont know if it is still on though. I was going to run an air to water but after talking to My I.C. guys and My turbo Builder I decided against it. I am building a CO2 spray bar system right now that cast 1 hell of a lot less than the cryo system. I incorporated the co2 system with my custom I.C. and it was still cheaper than an air to air from spearco.

You may also consider having Alky Control build you a nice alcohol system. Me and a couple of my friends put one on a turbo car with no I.C. and still got the intake temps down 100 degrees. I would not recomend doing that with 1000hp. The owner builds custom systems for me and I can honestly say that Julio will do anything to make sure that you get the best performance out of your custom kit. Anybody on here that has one of his systems can tell you how great they are. They are 100% alcohol instead of the mix and it has a progressive injection computer that has a dial for Mild to Wild. Check them out.

If you want cheap, then hit up one of the many e-bay stores and tuner websites Like SSauto(CRAP) and you can get a new one for $400.

If you would like detail on the parts I used for the Co2 system just PM me and I will give you a detail list.

I think that in total with every parts bought NEW it was right at $230, so I returned everything and bought it all used for $120. Its pretty cool and cheap

Oh Yeah, Hi I am new here!!!!! Names Stephen, bye bye