1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

im hanging it up

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by 400dart, Oct 10, 2005.

1. 400dart

i have learned so much in this little project, but i think its just gotten the best of me. this would make a sweet ride for someone to finish up. it runs freakin awsome and i havent really set down to start leaning it out yet (i went way rich to keep it safe). i know some of you dont go to the for sale section, so, without further delay, the link to my ad
    https://www.theturboforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49354

2. turbodart

Why, exactly, are you getting rid of it? You seemed pretty happy with it.

3. 400dart

just a case of it never being done. i was lookinging at a new turbo and then the new engine, then i still was going to tub it, on and on and on and on. i think its just time to part ways. plus anyone here see that prostock accident? im only 32 but i dont want to visit that fate on the track. i'll consider selling the car in any form as long as i get whats fair so i can buy another project.

btw, i am very happy with the car thus far, but this car has been a struggle since i owned it as far as settleing on what i want from it. so maybe someone else could take over and finish what i started.

4. FastmOp

Dam I hate to see you parting with it but I know how plans change. That car is awsome and atleast you made it to the point of getting it running and enjoying it some. So many people don't ever get that far because they keep changing there minds in the middle of there projects, or think they need something faster before they ever even been on the track. I wish i would have saved your Vid of the parkinglot blast now, I thought he will be posting more soon.
    As for the never being done, I know that feeling well, On a race car it seems to always be needing something. I don't have the turbo on yet and I'm already planning on upgrading to a HEMI. But I'm still going to run the wedge as I undergo the learning curve of boost and EFI, they are just cheeper and that's what I know. Good luck in your nexy project, I bet it's bad ass to!!

5. 318scamp

i left you an offer, But that sucks.
    They were released from the hospital that day, both fine. Thats why there is so much saftey rules. A t-bone at 200+ and they are fine.:)

Steve

6. 70Challenger

Its always sad to see a best friend go! What do you have in mind for a new project?

7. 400dart

318 scamp, i PM'd you a day or so ago.

yes, its a little sad, next prject will be pre WWII and fairly stock. i still have my 74 dart and the wifes 71 duster so im not gone from mopars. i like em to much to do that:)

8. Dart_388

selling

Ive seen plenty of accidents and seen huge crashes.
    Heck walk across the street in a crosswalk then get hit by a car....

I just look at my car and I know I could die in it, but I look at all the safety stuff I have (Cage, Window net, transmission shield etc...). I am more likely to die on my streetbike on a sunday afternoon crusing down the street then the car at 140-150MPH.

I value my life but I have come to realize stuff like this. I have started to deal with death since my gf is a Funeral services director and people are always dieing to see her.....LOL

So anywho... goodluck and hope you had fun with the car.

9. topfueldart

i agree with dart388 .. ive come to realize that i cant live my life being afraid of death, and crashes like the pro stock one only prove even further that these cars are so over protected that pretty much anything can happen and you can get out and walk away ... im alot more worried about riding my streetbike as well, then my cars ... good luck with the sale, i think youll have a hard time off loading it, since 99 percent of mopar guys dont have a clue about turbos ... i say you stop worrying about what to spend money on next and enjoy the car ... just go drive it ...

10. FastmOp

so did this thing sell?

11. 318scamp

i sent you a pm last week before i left, did you get it?

Steve

12. 400dart

car was sold and delivered today. i refered the gentleman to this site, i hope he is taken car of here. car is now located in NJ near atlantic city. im going to takemy time and look around for my next project whatever it ends up being.

i took away a ton of new knowledge here and like to thank everyone that helped me. i could easily do another project like this but i think more on a sane level next time IF i do it again.

thanks again turbo mustangs, and the great guys here.

--chad

13. 318scamp

I would sell what i have, im trying to build an avenger. It will look stock (well the body) but it will be a tube chassis, with a smallblock.

Steve

14. 400dart

thanks anyways for the offer, im really trying to find something pre WW II. but im just going to take my time. winter is coming anyhow, im sure someone will need cash for the holidays.

15. Kryp2nitE

a turbo pre WW2 peice would be nice :D

ive heard a lot of those old truck fit nicely on a second generation dakota if your lookin for ideas

16. TrxR

Good luck finding your next project and please keep in touch both here and over at BBD :)