1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best LS carb intake and ignition box

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by import killer, Jan 11, 2010.

1. import killer

I am starting to get stuff together for a turbo/carb LS motor for my Chevelle. I want to go single plane of course and have been looking at the GMPP and the Victor Jr. Are those the only two to choose from? If so is there much diffrence between the two? Also is the MSD still the best way to go for the ignition control?

Dan-o

2. NemeSS

cathedral port theres Super Vic. which i favor, the JR. in second place and the gmpp last.
    i highly reccomed the super vic if using cathedral port heads. im using for my 4.8 build with 317 heads. 8.5:1scr. and plan on 20+psi
    super vic for max effort and if not restricted by hood clearance.

3. import killer

I did not know they made a super victor for LS motors. Thanks for the info. Now I have to come up with $443! Wow that sucker is high.

Dan-o

4. domn8rx

There was a guy selling the gm intake for $90 (he had like 200 of them)and i jumped on it, hell i don't even have an engine yet.

If i don't like it or i feel it's a problem i can get my money back out of it.

john

5. MONTEGOD7SS

6. import killer

7. import killer

I will give you your money back right now! Yea, I saw that thread when you guys were buying them up. I guess I am a little late on that one.

Dan-o

8. DIL

I sent you a PM about an intake.

9. domn8rx

I still feel the vic. is a better intake but cost is a factor and no to your question :D

john

10. NemeSS

bro, i ve gone thru a gmpp, 2 jrs. and have used a super vic for a n/a engine. switching to the super vic over the jr with a 1in. hvh spacer immediately the difference was felt. rpm came in quicker, accelration thruout the band was very noticeable. car just ran stronger all around. even with larger plenum. runners are longer also. on super vic.
    imo gmpp and jr. they need hvh spacer for n/a. and plain spacer for b/t. i have personal exp with all 3 intakes. and i will use the super vic on all builds that allow it from now on.
    like i mentioned before. its going on low scr 4.8 with psi. which will also see normal street time with low psi.

11. 82 rustang

I might be needing one of them there intakes soon.

12. turbo iroc

ill be needing an intake and msd box for the coils also. but i need the l92 square port intake. and gaskets. anyone know what they have as far as square port intakes for carbd ls?

13. import killer

I was also wondering about intake options with L92s. I have not seen or heard of any carb intakes just for square port heads. Port the cathedral intake?

Dan-o

14. domn8rx

VICTOR JR. L76/L92
    FOR LS Series GEN IV ENGINES WITH L92 HEADS (3500-8000 rpm)
    Designed for Gen IV LS engines equipped with L92 cylinder heads, this manifold is intended for EFI racing applications operating between 3,500 - 7,500 rpm. This manifold uses a standard square-bore carb flange that is compatible with both Edelbrock EFI intake elbows and throttle body or four-barrel throttle bodies. L92 heads are only compatible with a 4.00" and larger bore diameters; smaller bores (including most 5.7L blocks) will require valve reliefs cut into the block. Available for carbureted and EFI applications; EFI manifold #28455 has additional bosses and machining that allow for the use of fuel injectors when combined with the #3638 fuel rail kit.
    Applications Part #
    Victor Jr. LS Series Gen IV Carbureted Manifold for L92 heads #28457
    Victor Jr. LS Series Gen IV EFI Manifold for L92 heads #28455
    Victor Jr. LS1 EFI Fuel Rail Kit (Standard injectors with stands) #3638

Throttle Body Recommendations: Edelbrock #38783 or #339783.

and

GM L92-LS3 Intake Manifold (4-bbl)
    25534401 $334.99

L76/L92 4-Barrel Intake Manifold
    GM Racing design for use on 'as-cast' rectangle port Gen IV cylinder heads
    As-cast design requires no porting for maximum performance
    Includes mounting bolts and instructions
    Uses L92/LS3 carb intake gasket set P/N 19172114
    Machined for 4150-style carburetors and has 3/8' NPT vacuum boss
    Also available with injector bosses P/N 25534416

Note: LSX Ignition Controller P/N 19171130 is required for carbureted applications.