1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. twin67

well, i've been reading alot on these forums so i figured i'd make my first post and show some progress on my 67 camaro

some stats:

ladder bar rear suspension
    10 pt cage
    fuel cell
    usual pro street type stuff

enough about the car, this is a turbo board so here goes for that stuff

twin sc60s with t4 exhaust housings
    1.75" 304 SS headers
    355 chevy of undetermined compostion

hopefully i'll have some more pics of the car itself and of the headers fully welded, and maybe some intercooler mounting and plumbing in the near future...

2. gobtool

Nice looking headers. It looks like you've got a good start. That thing should be fast with the twin 60's. You mentioned an intercooler. I did a big front-mount on my camaro. I had to cut out a hole on each side of the radiator support and move my battery to the trunk.

3. usa1racing

Crossing my fingers and hoping for a stick car...

Could you throw up a couple interior pics? I'm going to put a roll bar in mine soon.

4. twin67

i'll try to get some interior pics up soon, its kinda unfinished right now with all the sheetmetal work on the backhalf, and i haven't put the door bars in yet. the car was going to be a stick car, either muncie or tko 5 speed, but due to being totally uncontrollable, we decided that we'll run an auto. plus it will be a much much better strip car with a brake and the constant loading of the auto.

i've been thinking about intercooler lately, the battery will be in the trunk, so thats not an issue. what i'd like to do is run a large intercooler basically across the front behind the grill area with two inlets and one big outlet. i would naturally have to cut the core support to this but i really don't mind cutting. i also thought about running two smaller intercoolers on either side of the hood latch support.

i spent all night tonight working on the drivers side header to get it symmetrical with the pass side, and i am going back and redoing the number 4 primary on the pass side b/c it is not quite level with the other 3 primaries entering the collector.

i'm still learning how to fit the headers better since its my first header build, but i think it'll work out pretty well in the end.

5. usa1racing

Headers look good so far. I've cut and welded a few tubes to make my headers fit around things, and it's a huge pain without the right tools, and slightly less difficult with the proper equipment.

I've been thinking, like you have, about how to mount an intercooler up front. I really like the idea of having two small intercoolers on either side of the hood latch support. I want to use a hood without hoodpins that uses the stock latch, so I want to be able to leave the latch support in there, or build some other type of support around the latch.

I saw the clutch Z-bar in there and got excited for a second... :D

6. twin67

well the z-bar is in there b/c currently there is a 4-speed in there, but its basically there b/c we had two laying around and i needed to hold the back of the engine.

everything is purely in mock up state right now as its a complete restoration going on as well. the car is getting tubular a-arms, smoothed firewall, revised guage cluster, fuel injection, yada yada.

its currently sitting at ride height with the 275/50/15 drag radials in the rear and 205s in the front. the 275s are about to transfer to my 96 and a set of 325/50/15s will find their way under the 67.

7. usa1racing

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you have in material for the headers?

Any ideas as to what parts your going to put in the motor?

8. twin67

the headers have around $600 in them right now.

engine probables:
    stock block
    stock steel or cheaper forged crank
    some sort of aluminum head
    victor jr intake, converted to injection of course
    h-beam rods
    some forged blower pistons we have around the shop
    big stuff 3 to contol it all

its pretty much an open book right now, as we build engines for a living, so thats the least of our worries...

9. gobtool

I'm still using a hood with the latch and all. I had to cut one side of the radiator core support to get my intercooler to fit. The intercooler core is 24x12x3. Overall, i think it's like 32" wide. I had to cut the metal on my headlight holders as well, but you can't tell it from the outside. Mine is a single turbo, and the inlet and outlet are on separate sides. I just put a silicone elbow right on the intercooler and ran that through the metal on each side of the radiator.

10. twin67

same idea that i had. just cut that back most brace on the latch support and maybe integrate my intercooler mount in it to stiffen it up a little. i'm probably gonna go with a dual inlet and single outlet.

11. twin67

last night i got both of the turbos mounted, good enough, i hope. hopefully i'll get to finish weld them before the weekend

:)

12. Stroked-Z

Lookin good bro!

-Carm

13. usa1racing

What are you looking for in terms of E.T./horsepower?

14. twin67

eh, thats a very broad subject..

i'd like to make 7-800 on pump gas if possible and maybe get near 1000 on race gas (if the stock block breaks, we'll just have to replace it i guess)

the turbos *should* support close to 600 hp a piece so i think it may be possible to meet my goals.

i don't really have a set e.t. goal, its basically gonna be a bad street car with the capabilty of running a decent number, anything sub 11 i think i'll be happy.

15. dreamr3488

Sub 11's???

I think that thing is gonna go sub 10's..........easy :D

Lookin sweeet man! :2thumbs:

16. Unatural

Nice looking car. :2thumbs:

17. BlownShovel

:withu:

Walt

18. RealQuick

Nice build!

19. Got Me SOM

damn look how much you got in there, lol.

20. Bobby

DAMN. Nice fab work man. Thats a chebby i would drive ;)