1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What turbo to use KA24DE

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by bajango161, Jul 13, 2019.

1. bajango161

Hello guys. I am boosting a KA24DE. I have an idea of what I want but I am not sure if I’m even close to being rational. I would like a turbo to let me have a powerband of 4krpm to 7k rpm and hit 350whp-400whp mark. I think I am looking at a Garrett GTX3071 or a holset HX35/HY35. However I don’t know for sure if any of these turbos are correct for me. It will be street driven with street slicks.
    Here is my overall setup
    2.4L Built block
    Lightly ported head, stock valves, 270° Advertised cams and stiffer springs.
    5spd manual and STD flywheel weight

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  2. fastspec2

Hx 35 will do what you want pretty easily, be the cheapest option, and will be very robust. Its the direction I would go.

For your goals i would go gt30r before i went gt3071 just for the lower boost threashold. But thats just me and kind of a moot point because it would just get a hx35 if i had keys to this castle.

3. bajango161

I appreciate the feedback. Should I stick with the 12cm housing?

4. dragvw2180

This may or may not help . I have a 2387 cc engine in my car , so we are similar in cc's . My engine with my turbo made 350 hp at 3500 and pulled way over 400 @ 7200 with my T4 Super V Turbonetics turbo . I am changing mine to a GT3576r because I want a little more HP , the Super V was the most efficient at about 24-26 depending on air temps . I will have the Turbonetics up for sale in the next few weeks if you are interested .