1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Which mp t61?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by yambra, Jun 11, 2009.

1. yambra

So I don't know weather I should go with the A/R .68 or A/R .96 on the turbine side. I'm gonna do twins on a rb 500cid. The goal is to be in the 900hp range under 6000 rpm. What do you suggest?

thanks!

Brad

2. CW25

.96 is what I would do. Unless it is a iron headed, flat tappet cammed, low compression slug it will not have a problem spooling those .96s

3. turbocuda

My low compression 408 smallblock with edelbrock heads would spool Master Power T-61's w/ .68's instantly..... vid with the .68's...

1.15 housing brought the power on more smoothly and controllable.
    No vids with the 1.15's but 60 footed better with the 1.15's....1.30 w/ no transbrake...just 2-stepping to about 34-3500 rpms

4. yambra

Where can I get a 1.15? The place I was looking at only has the .68 and .96.

5. turbocuda

I would think you could find the housings from any turbo rebuilder...my housings I picked up local....popular turbines on old To4B series turbos.

6. yambra

I'll check it out. Thanks!

bridal-shoal