1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ign box recomendation turbo sbf

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by notchrocket, Jan 11, 2015.

1. notchrocket

Hey guys I haved two cars to put together and need ign box help

first car is a sbf will be a turbo street/strip s475 -s480turbo 600whp goals maybe go e85 also
    not sure on engine management yet either
    mega squirt or used fast classic or stock ecu and chip

second car sbf solid roller 11.1-12.1 e85 street/ strip car maybe spray small shot of n20

I already have three msd boxes I can use, and want to sell one . which should I use for which car ? I don't know a whole lot about there software. I figured the 7575 for na car but not sure if I need a 7531 , or the 6530

msd 7525 digital 7 plus has 2 step retard on dials
    msd 7531 ign box
    msd 6530 msd 6al2 programmable and map sensor setup

2. racerron67

i would use the 7531 on the first one and 7525 on the second

3. leeperryracing

Are those cars fuel injected or carbed?

4. turbo66

I use ms3x and 6al, 800-850hp on e85, no problems

5. racerron67

since you have the MS 3 X you should switch over to the coil near plug ignition system you'll have a better spark then those MSD boxes

6. turbo66

Plug access is from underneath, not much room to mount coils, unless I mount out in the wheel wells, 6al got plenty of spark, using large cap pro billet as can sync, easy to phase for optimal angle under max cyl pressure