1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Identifying a Borg Warner turbo

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by OpposableThumbsConfuseMe, Oct 11, 2023.

1. OpposableThumbsConfuseMe

Given a Borg Warner with all of these markings:

On the Compressor housing
    • LM25TF
    • Mopar Logo
    • eb00s631700
    • EC-2
    • EB00S631001
    On the Body
    • 670054296 EB41
    • EB489701015
    • YJ5035826500171

• EB48S211703-A
    • S21108
    What do I know about it? Which of these are any useful in finding out some info?

2. B E N

post the wheel sizes and a pic or two.

3. fastspec2

Is this one of the new electric compressors used by Maserati? That compressor collection of numbers is used on them, including the big Mopar casting.

4. OpposableThumbsConfuseMe

I have not torn it apart yet to measure the wheels. Main reason is that I do not know if I can get a replacement gasket, and I have not bought cereals in a while.

Right you are! I tried using all of these numbers in https://www.borgwarner.com/aftermarket/boosting-technologies/product-search and got nothing back

5. fastspec2

6. OpposableThumbsConfuseMe

That was as far as I went. Maserati's customers don't bother with part numbers; they just have someone make sad car happy.

My search goes on