1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Identify this turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by BBM347, Sep 15, 2016.

1. BBM347

Hey all, new to the forum. Been watching a while, and finally throwing a turbo on my fox. Had centrifugal supercharger, then nitrous. Figured its time to hit it with boost again. Motor is a 400twhp 347, AFR, C4 combo in a built hatch.

Anyway, I picked up a intercooler kit, a used hot side and a brand new turbo came with it. Not sure of the make/model of it. Any details you could give would be great. I figure someone here would recognize it.

Here's the pics and measurements. The turbine side is what has me stumped.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

The compressor is 62 and flange is a t4. The exhaust housing seems huge? Diesel maybe ?

What kind of numbers can I expect our of it ? How much boost can this thing support ?

2. M&M Turbochargers

3. BBM347

Yup, that looks to be it. Thanks man !

Now that we know what were dealing with, will that feed a 347 enough to put down 550-600 rwhp?

I'm swapping a dart block here shortly and I'll swap the turbo out, but what is that capable of in the mean time ?

4. BBM347

Yup, that looks to be it. Thanks man !

Now that we know what were dealing with, will that feed a 347 enough to put down 550-600 rwhp?

I'm swapping a dart block here shortly and I'll swap the turbo out, but what is that capable of in the mean time ?

5. BBM347

Just noticed the link you sent is a 1.0 AR turbine, mine is a 1.32 ? Does that seem right ? I know finding a V band for it was tough.

6. M&M Turbochargers

id go with something with about a 75mm compressor ind and a bigger turbine

7. BBM347

That's the plan when I swap the dart block. It was running mid 10s on a 100 shot. Low 11s on motor. If I can have low 10s on this turbo, then swap a 76 on it that'd be about right.

8. Mnlx

400 whp n/a? Not a good fit for anything near 400 whp imo. The compressor, and turbine wheels would be much better suited to something like a stock headed 5.0.