1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Idle Issues!!!

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by qwikstik, Jul 25, 2012.

1. qwikstik

The setup is a Megasquirt v2.0 ECU in a 5.0L mustang. The car has a rebuilt 5.0L with H/C/I and a YS blower huffing 12 psi of boost. The car when it is hot does not like to idle for the first 10 seconds, then the idle will rise up by itself and eventually idle smooth. I have the IAC set as PWM warmup, the warmup enrichment is set to 140 %, the ASE % is at 70 % and the taper is at 250 taper cycles. I am puzzled as the car only does this when it is warm between 170- 200 and the idle is set around1050 and the A/F when I start it up is lean 15-17:1. Every time I start it up I have to enrichen the mixture, but after I shut it off again and turn it on after 10 mins or so, I have to enrichen the mixture again. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

2. Hahns5.2

IAT heatsoak. Make some adjustments to the MAT correction table to add some fuel at high IATs.

3. qwikstik

Thanks man that really helped! Does setting this adjustment too much have a counter effect?

4. Hahns5.2

I'm sure you could go too far in the opposite direction, it'll take some trial and error. IIRC I'm using 5% correction at 200º tapering to 0 at 70º.

5. qwikstik

Yeah too much of anything is never good. 5% worked wonders for me! Thanks for the help, it's an easy system to use with lots of tweaking. The Tuner manual helps but sometimes you just gotta ask these questions!

6. qwikstik

The next issue I realized now is my After Start Enrichment does not work. any changes I make to the percentage makes no difference at all. Is there a way to disable and enable this chart?

7. Hahns5.2

What is your cranking RPM set to?

8. qwikstik

Cranking rpm is 300

9. Hahns5.2

Interesting, this may be a good question for the MS forums.