1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need a recommendation. TT setup needs Oil filter relocation.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Big Top GT, May 7, 2006.

1. Big Top GT

I've been looking around (Summit and Jegs) for an Oil Filter relocation setup. Is there a particular setup you guys prefer or am I ok with any universal setup?

Also, is there a benefit to the dual filter vs. single?

Lastly, I noticed they tend to come with rubber lines. Is it a good idea to step up to stainless, braided lines?

Thanks guys,
    Alan

2. Eric88T

I was running the trans-dapt setup from summit. I just bought the two pieces and ran my own line which was reinforced rubber from my local hose shop (also used for my drain line). After several thousand miles, the rubber was still in awesome shape. I'm sure theres is a benefit to two filters if you have the room for it but I don't have any experience with it.

3. Big Top GT

Thanks Eric. The trans dapt is the one I was looking to buy.

Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put it. :eek:

Alan