1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need help in Identifing these turbos...

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by bmatlock, Dec 15, 2005.

1. bmatlock

1. (Compressor housing)>Gil M27 and a funny design logo that looks like a line with 2 arrows on top and bottom
    2. Garrett .42a/r and .44F BCC Garrett

Pics are below..

I need to know what they came off of so I can look up the info on them..

Brian

2. stanggod

It looks like a small t-3 off of a 80's turbo sunbird.

3. bmatlock

Thats pics of two different turbos

4. bmatlock

I was told that they were Chrystler t-3's but one says Garrett on it and th other says nothing.. The Chrystler flanges are redrilled to accept the T-3 flange.

Brian

5. stanggod

The chrysler turbos were really similar they were .42 a/r compressors and .48 a/r exhaust

6. mfpmax

Gonna go with Chrysler here too. They got the hot side to match.

7. bmatlock

What do you mean HOT SIDE TO MATCH? The flange?

8. turbothis

i think they mean the whole turbine housing. i think that dodge turbos where the only ones with the angled comp. outlet.

on a lighter note your logo kills me....... :nuts:

9. mfpmax

Yeah what he said, thats the flange Dodge used on their turbos.

10. bmatlock

Thanks guys. You have helped alot. Now for the fun part on insatlling them.

Anyone have any idea on the HP both of them together would give me. I am not looking for a monster but I want to see some improvement and yes I have a stock block so I don't need alot at this point. .

Brian

11. svooh

Wait a minute...you are planning on putting those two things on a what ? ? ? a mustang? :eek:
    I am almost tempted to say "try it," but I will resist. Throw those things away and get a couple decent MATCHING turbos.

12. bmatlock

I am just going to fab the rest with these and get 2 more. It's almost already done anyway. Maybe I will list them for a 4cylinder project someone has going and buy 2 more. They are both GOOD turbos. I might just have to give it a try to see what will happen for sh*ts and giggles. I am bored and the wifes driving me nuts :bang: :bah: :bang:  :bah::bang: :bah: :bang:. I have been off work since 2003 on WC for a artificial disc replacement in my back. Went through 3 surgeries before the Doc got it right. Now I am pretty good... :2thumbs:

Brian