1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

what block you guys use

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by lucky7300, May 7, 2006.

1. lucky7300

im sure there our thousand of postz about this question but i dont seem to find them i kno the stock 5.0 block cant handle 500+hp so what blocks you guys use?? or ne names ill just do my own research

2. BLOWNBY

Most go DART....but if your not going crazy HP over 750 many go DSS as well!

Than again many have pushed over 500HP on stock 5.0 blocks as well and lasted for a while.

i have one buddy that ran two years with about 70 passes and ~7,000 street miles w/ low to mid 5xx at the tire on a stock 5.0 block.

Another has ran about 450 rwhp for limited 3 summers as well at the track.
    Both were running slick and transbrakes!

I have pushed a stock 351 sportsman shortblock w/ over 550 rwhp for three summers and 700rwhp for 2 summers totaling ~18,000 miles and ~125 1/4 mile passes w/ slicks and 1.4x 60' :chacha: :eek:

3. BigTurboNotch

cobra r block

4. ralphiejantz

A4 block R302, Dart, Man O War those are few popular ones or you can always run a 351w block,

5. lucky7300

thanks guys about the 351 block it wouldnt be a 5.0 anymore right im trying to learn as much as i can