1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need a Garrett turbo master to tell what I have here and answer some Questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 74Transistor, Aug 20, 2009.

1. 74Transistor

I have a garrett/air-research turbo I came across and didn't have to pay for and it looks rather big? I have tried researching the numbers I can see on the Ex and IN(none) housings but no luck? The IN A/R is 1.10 and the Ex A/R is 1.15 on the EX a/r there are 2 sets of numbers 54950 or 5495C also, 446285 or 448285 I can't find anything on the IN a/r at all...I do have pics and was hoping someone here could post them for me if I e-mail them to you??? I hope someone can help!!! I am pretty confident by all the reading I have done on this site in the last year that I am at the right place. Finally, if anyone could recommend someone to rebuild it for me or at least where to start for a price if its is usable for what i want to do. I am looking to do a street driven/race rarely weekends SBC in a 74 2dr hd tp impala weighing in at 4200lbs with a turbo 400. I was just running a NA SBC 355 and was kinda happy with that so i don't want no crazy 1000hp beast or anything. I'm more looking for the shock of seeing a turbo under the hood with a SBC. U don't see that around here at all it will blow people away and thats the plan. I have read the 10:1 compression and boost thread and might be looking to do less then that even boost wise. As for motor throw some combos at me I have a machine shop setup locally here and am willing to spend the money on the right parts etc. I know this not a cheap thing to do and I am aware of all the time I am gonna spend fabbing(FUN). If I am missin any info for good advice let me know and I'll provide it no problem I am very excited to get started and as I said I know i'm askin at the right place for info....Thanks in advance Brian........ :cheers: P.S. I believe the turbo is a T6 housing but I guess the pics will tell the tail

2. ltd351

Re: I need a Garrett turbo master to tell what I have here and answer some Quest

measure both wheesl inducer and exduce sizes

3. 74Transistor

OK thanks can u post pics at all for me?

4. 74Transistor

I measured but wrong I'll post measurments soon.