1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I need a few opinions on 2 turbos I just picked up???Any help would be great?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 74Transistor, Aug 25, 2008.

1. 74Transistor

I picked up a Garrett turbo from ebay mis-listed because of spelling. It said in great condition with a very minor chip in the cold side impeller. They said it worked fine and there was no notice in power loss etc. They say the only reason it was noticed was it went in for service recently and it was found? The truck recently wrecked so they pulled this off before scrapping the truck. Anyway it has a 1.10 A/R according to the listing and it was only $115 shipped so even to replace the broken piece won't cost much I don't believe? Basically what I am asking is........this will be a large turbo right? I am building a SBC 360CI that will flow good I was just after the answer to the size question to make sure it won't be too small? I am only basing this question on the AR size until I get a part # or other info. Right now this is all I have. Also, the same place had a listing for a Borg Warner with a 1.10 AR said it was rebuildable core with no damage to any parts I got it for $45 shipped so I am hoping it may be a S400? Just a shot in the dark but for the cash I figured I'd do it and take my chances. Does anyone know what other turbos besides the S400 it could be??? Both these came off transport trucks I believe. I am fairly new to the turbo game so be nice guys LOL!!! If this is a stupid thing to ask let me know and I'll delete it and wait for parts or #'s to ask questions. Thanks in advance boys. :2thumbs:

2. silverback

How about some pictures, actual numbers off the turbo or some real measurments... otherwise we would just be guessing.

3. JZ 97 SS 1500

Agreed....

4. 74Transistor

we'll do I figured as much! :doh: