1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I made a WOT run, Got BOOST?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by PEARL MUSSIN, Jul 3, 2005.

1. PEARL MUSSIN

Well I took it out today and made my 1st WOT 3rd gear pass. Holy shit that thing feels good! I need to hook up my LM1, next.

I have my timming set @ 10 degrees, with 93 octane and fuel press is set @ 38 (vac off)

I am running dual deltagates with the 9-13 lb springs in the car made 16psi Instantly @ WOT in 3rd gear???? I wonder why soo much boost??

Good thing is it didnt detonate and ran like a muther fucker:rockon:

Jeremy

2. OrangeF150

I took mine out yester day to make sure every thing was working ,my dyno is sch. for Tuesday.I have a 8.8 psi spring and saw almost 20psi. :D So I left the truck at work for the long holiday weekend because I am sooo tempted to drive it, I dont wanna blow anything up.I think I have to redo the wastgate merge , I dont think it is seeing enough exhaust to be able to vent the pressure down in the exhaust pipes.

3. Marshall

deltagates have a preload adjustment on top

4. TTPOWER

i dunno if our gates are the same... I have a tial sport i think 38 w/ a 1bar spring.. but when I was on the dyno... i buried my guage (20psi) on my first stab of the throttle, according to the data logger is was climbing with no sign of leveling.. made sure the boost controller was closed... same thing... took off the top port... perfect.... 15psi on the guage