1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I hope they build this drag strip by me!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by mnm99, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mnm99

Probably 10 years ago they closed down the only drag strip on Long Island to build condos. Ever since there have been petitions on opening up another. Grumman air base has been closed down for over 10 years and ever since the town was trying to find out what to do with it and who to sell it to. The first people that wanted to buy it was someone who wanted to build a Nascar track, 1/4 mile track and 3 dirt track and a bunch of hotels. Of course we has local people complaining about the noise it would generate. So that was shot down. Then it was approved to build a indoor ski slope. After many years and late fees in the millions the town pulled the plug and said there done. Now this company mentioned want's to build just a 1/4 mile track and it looks real good. The town is hurting with the economy and where they want to build the track it's like 50-75 acres away from any homes. So I'm crossing my fingers :D.

http://www.nylcv.org/ecopoliticsdaily/20101117_no_resort_for_epcal_how_about_drag_racing

2. nos10racer

see if you can start a petition for people to sign saying they will race and spend money there. then post it up here for people to sign for ya.......... if you think it will help....... bring it to a counsil meeting or what ever..... it would just look good ityou had 1000-1500 name of peoplesaying they would race there

3. mnm99

I think the petition has been going on for many years...I'm sure any bit will help, but it's really up to the town in the end. Before when Go-Kart tracks were proposed a few residents went to the hearing and complained. The town listened to them and shut it down. I think in these economic times with the the budget problems there having they might not care what people are saying. It will be a lot of cash for the town.

4. 88stangbanger

would be nice. if its built right it should be a fast track considering its at sea level, an a few hours from my house (im 35 mins south of ATCO raceway in NJ)

5. mnm99

From the info I read it will be a full blown out track. Grand stands ect...

6. black88coupe

Crossing my fingers for you. :chacha:

7. ants93notch

where exactly would that be located? I live in westchester and wouldn't mind that trip as much atco or etown.

8. mnm99

9. davidjalb

Yeah don't hold your breath, but my fingers are crossed too, I'm sick of driving over two hours to go to E-Town.