1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

i hope i did not make a hudge mistake .....7531 box installed !

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by sprayit67, Feb 22, 2010.

1. sprayit67

i was sooo excited when i purchaced the box.. i installed it bought a new coil installed a crank trigger ..man im ready to rock...

then im getting a ton of opinions on how to set up the retards.. now im lost!!!
    do i use the retards in 1-3 gear changes
    do i use the rtetards for boost referance...

help guys i really can not aford to hurt anouther mtr :doh:

2. Jake

Dont sweat it Jay. There's a ton of stuff in it you'll probably never use.

3. Tims86-9.80

If you would like I can walk you through the box and explain most features.

Just give me a call maybe tomorrow we can walk through it and I can email you a file that will get you started.

Don't let the box push you around it is easier then you think.

4. turbo hemi

X2 got mine the other day the car is still a good 6 months off was thinking I had bitten off more then I can chew!

5. Slim

Give Turbo Tim a call; he explains things really well. One thing to keep in mind, the box is mostly just a series of "Rev Limiters" & "Timing Retards". There is just a wide assortment of ways to engage them. I don't race a ton and use the MAP sensor / Boost retard curve along with the Launch retard. IMO if your not having issues breaking the tires looses down track or on the gear change, I would leave the Gear Retards alone for now. Good Luck!!

6. Tims86-9.80

Who is turbo Tim smart man!!! :eek:

It is easy to use, hard to explain because I need to understand your level of understanding, so I can explain it.

Take baby steps and you will be fine.

7. My91HotRod

Nice! 8)

8. blown385

yea Turbo Timmy can help ya ! lol

Its not so bad . :D

Much easier to explain when your on the phone and the software is running . .

9. Jake

X2! Tim was a GREAT help to us last year. I could run alot of functions but was lost on the data recording stuff. THANKS again Tim!

10. sprayit67

i have to say i talked to tim tonight..he opened my eyes to a differant wourld !!! thank you soo very much .jay

11. sprayit67

i need to change the thread to ..

i know i did NOT make a hudge mistake 7531 box is installed and working like a charm!

12. Tims86-9.80

No problem man, you were teaching me about the box. Good luck getting it up and running how you want. That thing is going to fly.

13. Slim

Crap... I gotta get me a girlfriend. I know what I read, but this is what i saw. LOL Racing Season better get here quick...

14. sprayit67

we all like box dont we? lol :chacha: