1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel Dual sync questions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Mercracing, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Mercracing

Anyone running an Accel Dual Sync setup (no crank trigger) on a high horse power/ race type car?

Thanks Ryan

2. twinstang

In have made 900hp. at the wheels 787tq. before running out of spark with a 6al box, But know Job Spetter of turbo people says those dist. are junk and I have to put a crank trigger on it.

3. papis408w

can you elaborate on why he said they are junk? or is it a matter of preferrence on high hp stangs that may require it?

4. twinstang

I was told that with bigger vavle train there is more noise and it screws with the signal. My car has been cutting off under boost so i will start with aa crank trigger to see if it fixes the problem.

5. Mustang8650

running 17 lbs of boost thru brodix heads and trick flow box upper...i've had no problems at all with mine...then again i don't have a extremely loud valvetrain either.

6. TurboSN95

Oh nice, I'm glad they sold me one then. :rolleyes:

7. twinstang

If you talk to him he will tell you to put one on. I know four people so far that he told this to.

8. Grn92turbo

Add me to the list . Job also told me to run a crank trigger about a month ago. Oh well more money down the drain.

9. Fryguy302

Dual Sync Distributor

If any of you guys are willing to sell your dual sync distributors, please let me know. I don't want to screw around with setting my car up for a crank trigger.

Thanks!

"[email protected]"

10. Injected65

Re: Dual Sync Distributor

Email MercRacing, I am pretty sure he still has his for sale.

Chris

11. bdass86coupe

I understand that a big valvetrain makes more noise but what does that have to do with a light beam. The Accels is a halleffect using a beam of light so how can mechanical noise effect it. Look at like this if you turn on a flashlight and yell or turn on loud music does the flashlight quit because of the noise ?? Answer NOT now if he is saying that the light becomes unstable do to vibration maybe but still unlikely I don't agree with this explanation the distributors may be junk but valvetrain noise has no effect on a beam of light. Please explain what is causing this and has anyone adressed it to Accel Mike in the R&D dept of the DFI I am sure he love to hear this so he can fix the problem if one infact exists.

12. bdass86coupe

I understand that a big valvetrain makes more noise but what does that have to do with a light beam. The Accels is a halleffect using a beam of light so how can mechanical noise effect it. Look at like this if you turn on a flashlight and yell or turn on loud music does the flashlight quit because of the noise ?? Answer NOT now if he is saying that the light becomes unstable do to vibration maybe but still unlikely I don't agree with this explanation the distributors may be junk but valvetrain noise has no effect on a beam of light. Please explain what is causing this and has anyone adressed it to Accel Mike in the R&D dept of the DFI I am sure he love to hear this so he can fix the problem if one infact exists.