1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

3inch flange for 3 5/8 clamp

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 355sleeper, Apr 4, 2013.

1. 355sleeper

So like the title states...

I have twin precision 6176s, the outlet is 3 5/8, i also have the wrenchrat hotside, the downpipes that came with it are 3".

What are my options here aside from having to order new flanges and having the 3" ones cut off and welding 3 5/8 ones on.

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

Call wrenchrat and order the right down pipes. You might be able to find an adaptor but it would throw alignment off and would probably be more expensive than having the correct flanges welded on.

3. 355sleeper

If money grew on trees i would, looks like ill just suck it up and have the right ones welded on these downpipes.

4. 10secgoal

Should be the same. The 3 5/8 is the flange OD used on a 3in tube. Can be confusing, but pretty standard issue.

5. RyanMayo

^^^ This. If things aren't lining up correctly, try to get some good pics so we can see exactly what's going on.

6. 355sleeper

Seen this after they arrived, the downpipes had a lip on them, after taking them to to belt sander, they fit like a glove. Everything lined up great and they look awesome