1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need Pics of T6 kits with turbo braces!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ijustgotblown, Feb 27, 2010.

1. ijustgotblown

looking to build a T6 set up drag radial style.....who ever has a set up like this can you post pics of your turbo brace and set ups? trying to see the best placement where i can have the most room and maybe run a stock style fan still if thats an option. thanks

2. brianj5600

What is drag radial style? What car? What motor? Here is mine.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. Turbo_Baer

dont worry, we'll get you set :2thumbs:

4. Forced5

Here is what i did for mine!

turbo kit 003.jpg #ad

5. 7mgforce

Are both the set up supported on the chassis? Is this a good idea with engine flexing and all?

I would think that the bracing would be mounted on the motor somehow to reduces stress on the crossover/headers during hard acceleration where the motor jerks around the engine bay.

6. 10secgoal

Solid motor mounts. Yeah boyeeee :2thumbs:

7. 7mgforce

I figure that but I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't run solid. So them mounting the support on chassis is not a good idea if your not running solid correct?

8. 10secgoal

Correct ;) Mount like the first pic if you run normal mounts.

9. 86lxnotch

mine is pretty similar to this one

10. Injected65

11. Turbo_Baer

12. 99TTGT

13. Injected65

They are PTK mild steel headers. My buddy took his car down to them about 5 years ago and had them build the "Drag Radial" kit. Once he parted out his car I bought them. I added in the aluminum down pipe and spaced the turbo up to clear my frame rail, but other wide they fit really nicely.

Chris

14. stangboy86

damn nice hotside. i need one just like it too

15. 393LX

16. Injected65

I've seen them come up for sale used here and there. Not too long ago there was a new setup on eBay. If I could come up with some more spare time and some room in the garage I would think about making a few sets. I've had several local guys asking about buying them.

Chris

17. stangboy86

im about ready to buy the pieces and just weld it myself. problem is i dont have a tig, only a mig. so i have been lurking around on a few sites trying to see if there are any for sale and i havent found one yet.

18. ONEFASTMF

Here is mine, nice and simple. still used a full sized fan, two 12" fans.

car pics 014.jpg #ad

DSC05227 (Small).jpg #ad

19. stangboy86

20. 7mgforce

holy smokes your turbo and exhaust takes up a big chunk of your engine bay lol