1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

i am removing the tubo

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by jimbo101, Jan 11, 2014.

1. jimbo101

I have been workingwith a very good company for tuning and we have been data logging ang changing tunes for 4 months or better and still not a good daily drivable car im not a Quitter it is just to much stress and to be. honest its just a big money pit.I will just try to sell the kit after they remove it if anyone knows of any serious buyers let me know on here thank you.

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

Find another tuner quiter. Any reputable tuner will have it running great in a few hours.

3. 91turboterror

Wow that's your DD that sucks! Could always get a beater til you figure it out.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Unless there are inherant hardware problems in the build, any good tuner should be able to knock out a great tune in a day.

5. Mike86Stang

I can understand your frustration, I tuned my own car and if I added up all the time it took to figure it all out.. It would be a lot! It's still not perfect, has a lean stumble when the computer goes from open loop to closed loop. So I'm still not done yet.

Don't get discouraged, but you need another tuner, IMO. Did you ever contact the person I pm'd you about doing a remote tune for you?

6. Xpress

What kind of vehicle? What turbo kit? What do you mean by not being a good daily driver?

7. jimbo101

its on a 2014 mustang 3.7 and it is a hellion single turbo kit and I have been working with a good tuner sending me new tunes for 3 moths and cant even get it to stop jerking and jumping and just plain cant drive in traffic.

8. boostcreep81

What are u using as tuning software? This seriously shouldnt be so hard. Fine tuning can take awhile but u should be able to get a base tune

9. boostcreep81

Not being a jerk btw, it just seems odd that u cant even drive it off boost. Unless u hacked up your wire harness and left something loose/cut, or have a bad injector or faulty sensor/ECU. The car should atleast drive normal off of boost.

10. boostcreep81

Fuel cut? Have you upgraded your fuel system? Do give up yet!

11. supedstang

this could be the issue, sending you the tunes? like a mail order tune? find a dyno and get someone to tune it in person. Im a non-believer of mail order tunes. sure, it can be done, but just like you're saying, after 3 months and its still not right, it will take a long time.