1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Home built TT (8.0 vid pg. 4) update (new best 7.76 @179)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by silver_lite_nin, May 29, 2007.

1. silver_lite_nin

Just a few pics from a home built car (motor, trans, 25.2 cage, wheelie bars, fuel cell, turbo kit, etc. etc. etc.).
    Bought the car new in 92 and whacked the crap outta it after throwing a blower belt in a race in the finals. No more blower belts. 101mm made big power but took forever to spool. Maybe the twins will help a bit.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. Drlee50

Re: HOME BUILT CAR 25.2 W/TWINS

that car is sick! any support brackets on the turbos?? should be! any track times yet?

3. silver_lite_nin

Yup each turbo has a bracket that is bolted to the frame. The turbos are blocking them from view.
    No track times yet.

4. thesled

very very nice man! how fats has it gone?

5. silver_lite_nin

No track times with current setup.

6. asemaster

Re: HOME BUILT OUTLAW CAR 25.2 W/TWINS

awesome, more pics please

7. gt94

WOW :2thumbs: what ci.? and turbo size? was the cage a kit or did you bend the tubes? Did you have any trouble getting the air out of the cooling sys. I like how you mounted the rad. 8)

8. silver_lite_nin

363 ci aluminum dart block Victor senior heads.
    Twin ballbearing 76mm (upgradable to 80mm).
    Bent all the tubes myself chrome moly normalized milt-6736b 1 5/8 x .083 wall tubing, tig welded with Lincoln 185 tig using ER70s-2 rod. Tubing bender (JD2'd) is in the background of the pic of the motor on the engine stand. Cage already certified 25.2. Cages are pretty much the same (in a way), you must get the SFI specification booklet for the certification you want to obtain, and follow the SFI specifications. You can vary some but must fall within the specifications listed.
    No problem getting the air outta the system (electric pump makes it easy).
    I'll get some more pics up soon and thanks much for the compliments.

9. darkhrse99

That car is BADASS..

10. silver_lite_nin

Thanks DARKHRSE99

11. comet5.0

Beautiful car!! I love the way it sits. Can't wait to hear some track times.

12. darkhrse99

Do you ever plan to drive it on the streets or is it a track only car?

13. silver_lite_nin

Track only but it does have working head lights and tail lights.
    Car should weigh right at 2800 with driver (230lbs), 2570 without. So it will only take 1400 rwhp or so to cut a 7.3 in the quarter mile

14. Newt-Rod

mind me asking what kind of jig table you used to build the center section or cage section for the car on? I am wanting to 25.5 my car myself and was wondering. I am thinking of building a 1/2 -3/4 thick table to put the body on and then start the cage build. Then remove body of car and finish the cage. Any help would be greatly appreciated and more pics of cage being built would be great. Car looks great.

thanks

15. silver_lite_nin

Tacked cage up in car, rechecked diminsions using 4 x 4 x 1/8 square tubing for jig (didn't change much though, leveled car and kept everything dead nuts level during assembly) pulled out cage and welded er up. Put back in car tacked rest of chassis, lifted up car and pulled out cage/chassis and welded er up. Put back in car and welded in. Just make sure you follow the SFI specs and you will be fine. There are many pics of cage being built here;

http://wallracing.com/images.

Thanks.

One of my favorite pics is this one. Its a three wheeler!!!!

[​IMG]#ad

16. silver_lite_nin

Here are a few more pics of the cage being built. Dial-up connections beware!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. Newt-Rod

thanks for those build pics. I think my next step is to get the sfi book and read more about it. Did you buy a pre bent cage?

18. silver_lite_nin

No, bent all the tubes myself, chrome moly normalized milt-6736b 1 5/8 x .083 wall tubing, tig welded with Lincoln 185 tig using ER70s-2 rod. Tubing bender (JD2'd) is in the background of the pic of the motor on the engine stand. Cage already certified 25.2. Cages are pretty much the same (in a way), you must get the SFI specification booklet for the certification you want to obtain, and follow the SFI specifications. You can vary some but must fall within the specifications listed.

19. miamijdm

amazing work buddy.. that looks like a work of art! :2thumbs:

20. silver_lite_nin

Thank you

bridal-shoal