1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HPX 05+ MAF Signal Quality (2.5" Pipe)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mrselfdestruct1994, May 20, 2010.

1. mrselfdestruct1994

HPX 05+ MAF Signal Quality (2.5" Pipe)

Hey guys,

I'm currently running a turbocharged 250ci straight six with a MegaSquirt 2 and have recently been toying with the idea of trying out the MAF fuelling method in the latest firmware. I have a lot of trouble with heat-soak and inconsistent AFR's at the moment and I'm hoping that a good MAF setup will help me eliminate these issues and also possibly achieve greater accuracy and control at idle and low load cruise.

Whilst I'm pretty keen to give this a try I'm a bit concerned about signal quality and resolution. I have read great things about the HPX MAF sensor when used in a blow through configuration however I would only be able to run it in a 2.5" pipe. The sensor would likely be placed in a section of piping that is dead straight for about 9", has a 90 degree mandrel bend before it and a 45 degree mandrel bend after it, both of which have quite a wide radius. I have been talking with Justin at VMP Tuning who has been very helpful and honest in answering all my questions, however I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with the HPX sensor in a 2.5" (63mm) pipe, specifically regarding signal quality?

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did a search but couldn't find much.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam

2. svojohn

Re: HPX 05+ MAF Signal Quality (2.5" Pipe)

I've tuned a few cars here which use the HPX sensor in a 2.5" pipe. The signal is smooth. How much hp do you plan on making?

3. mrselfdestruct1994

Re: HPX 05+ MAF Signal Quality (2.5" Pipe)

Hey mate, glad to hear that you've had success with it. The car made just on 200rwhp N/A and I'll be running between 15 and 17psi so about 400rwhp I'm guessing. Thanks for the reply buddy, appreciate it. :cheers:

Cheers,
    Sam