1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. blackminitubbedlx

Hi eveyone! I am new on this site. i was just looking thru the site and was wondering if anyone else has an HP Performance kit yet? I know they are fairly new but I already have two of their kits and another on the way. I am very happy with the quality and would recommend them to anyone. See ya' later, Anthony:)

2. Trentk

Can you give us more feedback on the turbo kits? What size IC piping and x-over pipe? How are the headers? What materials do they use? etc, etc.

Thanks,

Trent

3. jimhp

The turbo kit consists of 1 3/4'' primary tube headers, 14 guage mild steal. The flanges are laser cut 3/8''mild steel.The primary tubes merge into a 3'' collecter, from there a 3'' cross over tube y's into the other collecter on it's way to the turbo. The spent gases then go thru a 3.5'' down pipe which splits into dual 3'' after the transmisson cross member and then connects to any cat back that is in the factory posistion. Starting from the turbo discharge on the cold side, a 3'' tube connects the turbo to the top to bottom flow intercooler from there it goes thru another 3'' tube to a C&L mass air meter and then to the throttle body. All tubing is mandrel bent on a 5'' radius. All tubing is jet hot coated except for the tubing in the finder which is not seen. All connections on the exhaust side are made using v-band clamps.On the cold side we use 3ply silicon hose fastened with t-bolt clamps. The kit comes with a Holset/ Garret hybrid we make in house, a deltagate, bosch bypass valve, sn-95 electric fan, 255 intank pump, C&L 76mm mass air, and injectors of your choice up to 42lb. If you have any questions feel free to call.

4. Trentk

Jim, if you would like me to add your kits to the turbo kits section of the webpage just give me the rundown.
    what kits you offer.
    approx prices.
    approx power levels.

Thanks and welcome to the site.

Trent

5. blackminitubbedlx

Woah!! I guess that describes the street kit they (HP) sold me!!! Now ask them to describe their race kit!!! See bya' Anthony:cool:

6. Traction Issuez

Saw the HP kit in MM&FF on a 327 with edelbrock heads for a turbo cam article. They walked away with about 600 HP and torque. I even went looking for the company on the turbo kits page and didn't see anything. The magazine didn't list a site either. Show us what you've got
    issuez

7. Taffy

Does it allow you to keep all of the accessories, INCLUDING THE SMOG PUMP? 3.5" DP is a cool addition. Thanks, ERIC.

8. Snipe656

Pretty sure they told me on the old site, that the smog can not be kept. But all others can.

9. jimhp

Everything can be kept except for the smog pump. We make a race kit for the fox body as well. We appreciate all of the feed back and the welcome we have recieved. If you have any questions post on this board, email us at
    This content is protected
    or call. Currently we are building a 4.6 kit and a web site.

10. calysocoral

HP Turbo Kit

FYI, the HP Performance kit is outrageous. blackminnitubbedlx just took second place in the Supernationals here in Albuquerque in a field of over 100 HIGH dollar show cars. I'm talking about 100K show cars here - not junk! The HP kit looked as good or better than anything at the show.

I do a lot of research and verify ALL the references before I give anyone my money. Needless to say I trusted HP enough that I paid for my kit in advance and they are on track with completion commitments. I was afraid to even send some of the "other guys" even a deposit. Jimmy and Nathan are not sales guys so you're not going to get a lot of BS about their kits - just honest answers and real commitments. Good luck in your hunt and give these guys a look.

11. SHEP

PICS, PICS, PICS

lets see some pics please, any pics :cheers: :)

12. calypsocoral

HP Kit Pics in MM&FF

The HP kit has some good pics in MM&FF - March 2003 issue starting on page 101. The article's name is "How to Cam a Wild Turbo". The same issue has another write up on the HP kit in "Under Pressure" on Page 32.

13. sc98gt2

I have about 20 pic of the cobra (blackminitubbedlx's car) at the car show. The HP kit is very clean and puts out great power even on mainly stock 5.0's. I'll have the pic's up tomorrow.

~Matt~

14. sc98gt2

Here is the best pic I have of the HP tubro kit on blackminitubbedlx car. For those that don't know, his car put down 634.4rwhp & 767.6rwtq (SAE) on the HP street kit.

15. sc98gt2

I'll get a better pic of the turbo kit when blackminitubbedlx gets back into town. For now, here's another pic of his car.

16. dragin

I like the smoke effect. :D

Nice car.

17. 88SSP

That is a pretty sweet lookin' kit. What is the price on it?

18. jimhp

The kit goes for 3995 with everything I mentioned in the post above.Thanks for all the responses.

19. MikeStang5.0

Just wonderin, what size Turbo is included for that price and how big of a Turbo can you fit?

20. jimhp

kit comes with a t60 and can fit a tv frame. this is a big frame turbo. the 60 is good for 650-700 hp. the next upgrade is is a 66 good for around 750-800 maybe more but we haven't done enough testing on it yet. currently we are working on a small frame that should be good for around 1100hp.

bridal-shoal