1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance Customer Service

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by tommyhil4_6, Mar 5, 2004.

1. tommyhil4_6

Hey, had a question for everyone that has dealt with them and what was your experiences? I've contacted them via email multiple times for some info on the kit I've paid 60% for and they haven't emailed me back once! :( Called them too and could get them on the phone but they always seem "busy" when I talk with them. Is this normal?? They responded to my friend whos interested in a kit within an hour and haven't answered emails to me for weeks! Kind of worries me. HP if you read this is PM'd ya, just needed those couple of questions answered... Thanks

2. Snipe656

I know someone else said something about the email thing on here in another thread. I think HP mentioned they had some virus problems and have really hurt their email abilities, no idea if that is still the case or not.

3. tommyhil4_6

Thats what they told me, and i believe it, but the thing is they responded to my friend who is interested in the kit and i sent an email the exact same time and they never hit me up. Kind of confusing but hey we'll see how it turns out, Tom is a great guy on the phone hope to talk to him or one of the others soon.

4. Snipe656

Wish you the best of luck, I am sure it will all work out in the end.

5. TurboChargedPower

Thomas,

I'd be more than happy to talk to you at any time, as we are anxious to answer any questions you may have. Yes, we have been having lots of trouble with our computers and our emails......viruses are rampant out there and they have played havoc with our systems. We upgraded to DSL and added the latest McAfee Virus protection after my hard drive was crashed by a virus, but we are still suffering from the after-effects. I apologize that you have not gotten an email response, but you could also have sent me a PM on this forum or called me. As we have spoken on the phone several times, you have my number (505-623-1304) and if I'm not in the office, I forward the sales line to my cell phone or my home and you can almost always reach me at that number. However, the shop number is many times a hit and miss proposition, as they are very busy right now and can't always get to the phone. As a result, I try to handle most of the customer service calls. At any rate, now that I know you are trying to reach us, I will start calling you tomorrow until I reach you so that I can answer your questions.

Sincerely,

Tom Berry

6. tommyhil4_6

I'm not bashing HP at all and they are great to deal with, just figured a thread may be easier to get em at since I can't talk to well right now with bronchitis. I still personally believe as many of ym friends that their kits are the best and am gonna flip when i finally get mine i'm so anxious.

Tom - I did send ya a pm a couple days ago check your list if you didn't get a notice, I know sometimes it won't tell you. Thanks again and HP rocks... :D

7. SoL_93GT

Just for the record, I've been dealing with Jimmy and Nate from HP directly and have to say their customer service is awsome, Jimmy always goes out of his way to help me if I have a problem. And Tom has been helpful too with some of the issues I've had even though he was not directly involed with my purchase, thanks guys, keep up the good work. Every where I go I put in a good word for you guys, hope the buisness is going good. Tom, I'd like send you some pics of my 8k mile car if you don't mind putting it on the website. I won't be able to dyno test it until I upgrade my transmission and clutch, it just won't hold the insane amount of power I'm making, let me know what email address I can send them to.

Briane

8. smokedu

I would agree the customer service is top notch. I had Tom B. call me out of the blue just to see how things were going with there kit on my wifes car. This type of follow up goes a long way in my book. Keep up the great work HP! :D
    Derick

9. Jake VanAllen

I have been very impressed with HP's customer service also. I ordered my kit in October when Tom told me they were going to produce it. I run an automotive shop in Utah and I wish I had a few guys like the ones at HP working for me. Thanks again and keep up the good work.

10. flashbang756

HP has always been very good to deal with since I purchased a kit from them. My kit was shipped today, so I should get it within 4 or 5 days and can't wait!!!

11. SoL_93GT

Awsome, let us know how the install goes and post some pics.

Briane

12. flashbang756

Will do!!:D

13. TurboChargedPower

HP has hired additional people recently, one of which whose sole job is customer service, kit status and shipping information. The person's name is Ruth, and you can call her direct number at 505-623-3424. I am also available almost anytime for questions, but you can get answers to kit status and shipping information faster by calling Ruth.

14. ronlp

What's a virus? :confused:

:snipe: :D

15. SoL_93GT

You're doctor hasn't explained to you the reason it burns when you piss? I would have thought you'd know considering your "lifestyle". :stickpk:

Let me guess, now you're gonna tell us Mac's don't get viruses?

16. ronlp

Typically, no. But you already knew that.

It seems totally unafected by spyware/adware, too. Life is good on the other side.