1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by TurboChargedPower, Jan 14, 2004.

1. TurboChargedPower

Good News! The 96-04 Mustang twin turbo kit was dyno tested today and the
    results are as follows:

540 rwhp / 520 rwtq @ 11#
    519 rwhp / 489 rwtq @ 10#

The guys will be back in the shop Friday and we will be posting dyno sheets to back this up. The chip is now burned for the kit and we expect to start actual production within the next week. We plan to begin shipments by mid-February.

If you have not seen them, there are photos of this kit on the following links:

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/96-04 Mustang.htm

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Customer Cars.htm

https://www.theturboforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=122150#post122150

More details will be posted soon.

2. CopMagnet

Hp 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

NICE!

3. Snipe656

Is that on a Cobra or a GT?

4. jbob

It's on a '97 Cobra.

5. spam71

I am confused

1st, I thought this was feedback section for customers who want to post their experience with a company or product?

Looks like SPAM to me!!

2nd, These numbers are not that impressive, I was looking around and found PTK has single turbo kits on GT's making 500 RWHP and 560 RWTQ at 10 psi of boost? I would expect much more torque on twins, whats up with that?

I guess the guys at PTK do not find it necccessary to post Dyno Numbers everytime they build a new kit????

I will be at the shootout and I look forward to hopefully some HP vs. PTK heads up Street Car Grudge races, I will put my money on the Texas Boys!!!!!

6. Snipe656

Re: I am confused

Well, I had asked Trent via a PM if I should move the other one and never noticed a response or maybe he moved it. I too was wondering if these should be in here since they really were not customer feedbacks. I am sure everyone appreciates being notified of their progress though I guess it could be percieved as "spam" when you read it in multiple places on here. All I can suggest is if you feel it is in the wrong spot to PM Trent or use the report post to moderator link since that will email it to all of us.

Anyway, when will some GT times be released? I see a lot of people saying they ordered kits and some I thought had GTs, so just guessing there is a kit already test fitted on a GT and numbers to come soon for those too?

7. TurboChargedPower

We posted these results and other information about our progress on this kit because we were asked to by numerous people. We support this site as a sponsor, and Trent has told us that we are welcome to post such information. I see that PTK and others do the same about their kits. We are under the impression that people come to this forum for information; we are simply providing that information.

The numbers we posted are with the base kit 46mm turbos. We offer upgrades all the way up to 66mm if you are brave enough, but we believe that customers would rather not push their stock blocks too far. By the way, have you seen the new Sean Hyland Motorsports 6.0 blocks? They look awesome and are 2500 hp capable (according to SHM).

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/handout1.pdf

No, this isn't spam either, we aren't affiliated with SHM. We just thought the members might be interested.....especially if they are interested in the higher horspower levels our system upgrades are capable of.

The GT kit will be tested within the next couple of weeks. If it is not too offensive to members, we will post those results as well.

We plan on being at the shootout and welcome anyone else who wants to race or just watch some fast Mustangs. We appreciate the opportunity to participate in the event and thank Trent for his efforts to put it on. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate this time and we will have more to watch than Anthony on his mini-bike in the parking lot!

8. BlackStripes

Re: I am confused

a stock Modular 2V making 500RWHP with 10PSI ???. I need to see that one in person ..!! If you want to compare, cool... but compare apples with apples.

I don't think a kit potential can be seen in a stock engine. Is not the kit problem that our stock motors can't handle high HP.

You have to remember that sometimes boost is not the problem, sometimes is motor, sometimes intake, sometimes fuel ..etc etc.

Congrats for the numbers guys !!! I can't wait to see the dyno sheet...

I ordered one kit for my GT, but i guess, i wont see any results soon for me. I know i will do this in two stages, the first one: all the HP that my transmission can handle (high 500s ) and then, the second one....just go all the way.

9. Trentk

I think turbo kit announcements should definitely NOT be in this forum but rather in the tech or bs forum. However these actual results are ok in this feedback forum.

Trent

10. Snipe656

Is that a stock motor in the cobra the times were made on? I for one would not mind hearing a full run down of what is not stock on the car, I think it has a T56 you mentioned in another thread? What mufflers are on it, just stockers? I think the numbers are pretty good, be nice to see the dyno graph when you have it ready.

My only concern was where the post was made, I just was unsure if this was the right section since it has always been enforced that this section is for people giving feedback on companies/products. I was simple wondering if it needed to be moved to like main tech or to sponsors specials. In all honesty it is the right spot, just used to seeing the customers post it all. Look forward to hearing about the GT as well.

spam71, just wondering but by looking at your other posts, I am guessing you work for PTK?

11. Snipe656

Re: Re: I am confused

Nathan's Roush(stock 2V motor) probably over a year ago made around 500rwhp with the Total Performance kit but not sure at what boost level and pretty sure no one else since then with those kits made those numbers so just makes you wonder on the validity of them.

But I agree, the limiting factor on making power with those cars is not the turbo(s) it is the motors themselves.

Wonder where the boost starts to come on and peak with the HP twin kit? And with the PTK singles?

12. BlackStripes

Yeah 500rwhp is a TON !!!! i also wonder how much boost...

I found his name here : Click and check modulars

When the dyno sheet is out... i'd love to compare and put together twin and single dyno sheets (same boost if i found one). No to make any contest, just to see difference between twins and single in a modular engine.

13. Snipe656

For some reason I am remembering his car got in the 5xx range initially but was tuned down. It was just like a dyno queen run and not the actual numbers the thing was returned home with, but guess I have been hitting the pipe too much this morning sinceI just looked in a few spots and keep seeing the 430-440rwhp and 540-550rwtq on it.

SnkyPete had a excel spreadsheet at one point comparing a few turbo 2V cars at the time. Was nice to compare where the boost came on in comparisons, I bet the HP peeks out earlier and holds it for a good range. Maybe he still has the sheet and things could be added to it.

Actually I have been playing with some online graphing tools this week, I might just have to play with importing dyno numbers into them ;)

14. snkypete

His original tune made 434/547, then it was backed down to 420/470. I know I have the 420/470 somewhere, not sure about the 434/547....

I also have an excel sheet that compared my old numbers, Nathan, Lou, CrisBCritter and I believe another car...I can look for it in a bit.

No stock 2v will live at 500 plus rwhp - period. Because it can make it on a no load dyno is one thing...I know JMS tuned a few Turbolocity cars to over 500 as per the owners instructions even after being told full well it wouldn't survive..they didn't care as a new motor was being built....It didn't survive :)

15. TurboChargedPower

Aaron,

The car the kit was tested on is a completely bone stock 97 4V Cobra convertible, and I believe it even has the stock mufflers on it. We did change out the transmission for a six-speed and a Spec clutch, but that's all and that shouldn't affect horsepower anyway. I got this info from Jimmy and Nathan last night from California (they dynoed the car at Power Train Dynamics in Huntington Beach). I'll post the dyno sheets when I get them.

16. TurboChargedPower

We agree with you. That's why we used the 46mm turbos, but even then, if a customer was of a mind to do so, he could push them and make significantly more horsepower......to his motor's detriment we think. However, there are some good alternatives out there. I posted the link to the new Sean Hyland Motorsports 6.0 block, and they say it will handle 2500 hp, so if someone wanted to, they could put twin 66's on this setup and it would be crazy!

17. snkypete

I'm still trying to see the need for this block.... $4k for a block that MAYBE 2% of the mustang world will need????

Why bother when the Explorer block has been PROVEN to 4digit hp numbers and can be obtained for between $5-700....

SHM's R&D would have been much better suited elsewhere...at least on this site guys come close to needing it...at least closer than the guys on the Korral and SN who think they need it after adding a timing adjuster and a CAI. :rolleyes:

18. snkypete

Here's what I have....

19. snkypete

Note all numbers are approximate as I was reading dyno charts and having to draw lines...they might be off by a few hp.

I am not sure about some of the tunes, but I know my pull was after we detuned it and was at 8psi.

In about 13 weeks, I'll have a tune with 15 or so psi, a built motor, good heads/cams....and a damn good custom tune so that will be a better comparison.

20. BlackStripes

thanks Pete. Any ideas of boost running on those cars???

i will try to put those numbers together and try to see how the maps work Turbo Selection ...

hmmm.. i guess, i can't live without numbers and theories. :rolleyes:

bridal-shoal