1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. Revolution

To my understanding E85 is 85% Ethanol and 15% fuel. Does this mean you could mix your own ratio of say Meth, and C-16 or Q-16? To reduce the corrosive properties of the Meth? Thanks Ron

2. sss510

3. larouchedem

Doesn't methyl take to mixing much worse than ethyl?

And, some experts have stated that mixing alky fuels with even small percentages of leaded gas makes the alky much more ping prone.

4. Revolution

Thats what I'm not sure about, and can't find any info on it. I just used C-16 as an example even a high oct unleaded fuel just to keep the cohesiveness of the meth down.

5. larouchedem

Recent thread here on the subject of home brewing ethyl and gasolines. One poster, that appears to be quite learned to me, explained why the lead in the mix causes alky fuels to be more ping prone. Look back a week or two, or maybe search.

Dave

6. Revolution

The problem is Eth and Meth are alot different.

7. larouchedem

Understood. Isn't it tough to get gasoline to mix with meth, whereas gas will mix with eth at pretty much any percentage?

The info in the thread tells me that the detonation problem when adding leaded to the mix is there with all alcohol fuels.

Dave

8. Revolution

Thanks Dave :2thumbs: