1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. DTPerformance

I just picked up a turbo car that has not been wired. I have the harness and computer but am not sure how to give it power to power the car it is all hooked up but the main harness. I need to know what wires I need to hook up just to power the computer so the car will run. :bang:

Thanks for any help I can get.

2. mrtbolt64

Its been wired but its not?? :doh:

What efi system?

3. DTPerformance

The motor has the complete harness hooked up. I need to hook up the computer harnes to the engine harness but what im asking is the wires to the computer some of them need power ground ect. Its a stock computer out of a 90 model car. Ill go take a pic of what I mean.

4. DTPerformance

Heres some pics. I know were it all goes just not sure in the close up pic what I need to give power ect to fire the car. The car is a 25.5 drag radial car someone was running a carbed motor in and took out all the wiring. I put my turbo motor in the car but am not sure what to give power to on the harness to fire the car. Hope that helps you help me.

5. smokin03cobra

it's all plug and play.... connect all alike plugs, have to put a couple of wires to the regulator and ground the black 1's .....the ecm harness connects to the engine harness with 2 connectors white with black tops i belive round about 8-10 wires per clip. in the picture it commec of the ecm side about a couple of feet away. look at my build i have pics

6. DTPerformance

I got were all the plugs go except near the comp plug. I know the 2 are grounds near that end but I need to know what get the power. After I plug it all in it still needs to get power from somewhere keep in mind my car dont have the 2 plugs near the ecu plug and thats where Im thinking it used to get the power from the key switch or?

7. esahc

this should help you............... http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=6

do you have the proper evtm for the year harness and ecu you have? if so spend some time studying it....... there are only a few grounds and hot wires that have to be hooked up for it to run, good luck

8. DTPerformance

I should have this was in a running car and it was all taking out. It should be as simple as hooking up all the plugs hook up the grounds and find a power wire or 2. The only plugs that really hooked into the car I dont have are the ones in the close up pic and thats the plugs that had to have supplied power to the ECU everything else is simple and has a place to plug in.

9. DTPerformance

So tell me if Im looking at this correct. It looks like if everything is pluged in than all I should have to do is give 01,37,57 power to the ignition and ground 16,20,40,49,60 does that look right to you

10. DTPerformance

:bang: Im about to just go with a blow threw set up and forget this wiring thing. Or spend the money on a fast system???????

11. mrtbolt64