1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

oil dipstick for R302 block

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbov8, Sep 11, 2006.

1. turbov8

Just finished building a R331 with stock oil pan. When trying to install the oil dipstick, there is no place for it. On the stock motor, it located on driver side built in the block. What are my options?
    Thanks, Robert

2. svooh

Need an oil pan with the dipstick tube. They are available.

3. 427notch

call coast high performance and get a 7 qt with a dipstick and pick up. cost is $260 but it is one of the better deals to be had.

4. Brent Davis

Get a Canton oil pan that has a built in scraper and windage tray. I paid in the $350 range for my pan and dipstick.

FWIW, I have "HEARD" bad things about the coast high performance pans but that is just what I heard.

5. turbov8

Sooo, there no way to make the stock oil pan work? The reasons I want to keep it is; one it on the motor, two I've had oil return lines welded on for my twin turbos, and third my car sit pretty low and I'm worry the 7 quart oil pan will get hit in everyday street driving. Thanks for your inputs, Robert

6. 427notch

Im sure it is posible to atach a fitting to the oil pan, but You are looking at welding the fitting to the pan so that means it is comming out anyways, unless you like to weld in tight areas.

7. 427notch

I went with the canton pan as well. My car sits low and I dont have any issues with ground clearnce. I recomended the coast pan because it came with the pick up and dipstick. I was not happy having to shell out an extra $80 for the pick up and $50 for dipstick. If you dont want to spend the money on a new pan, and if you dont mind the look of a used one I have a Canton pan with slight damage to the rail ( can be fixed ) that I will sell. I will include the pick up and dipstick. PM me if this intersts you. It will fit the R302 block.

8. turbov8

Thank 427notch, I'll think about it.