1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how to make my 84 capri posi

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by stang50, Aug 30, 2003.

1. stang50

hi im new to this site ...i recently got a 84 capri but unfortunately its not posi ... what is the simplest way to make it posi traction ? lockers? or.... :confused:

2. Underpsi

Swap in a 8.8 form a later model fox body.

3. stang50

thanx for the reply u see i have a 9" rearend...... do u know of n e websites where they sell used parts like rearends and superchargers and stuff like that ? thanx

4. Redlined

LOL I wish. you can try stangnet or the corral for 8.8, 9"s are REAR

5. evlgt85

Keep in mind, if you get a traction lock 8.8 rear (posi is a GM term *shudder* ;) ) out of a later model car, the differential might be old and worn enough that you'll still be a one-legger. It'd be a good idea to also get a rebuild kit (or a different differential altogether) for the diff and get that done before you put the rear under the car.

I've got an 8.8 out of a 90 or 91 (can't remember), and I need to rebuild the traction lock.

Rears are best gotten locally as shipping would kill ya.