1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How to know which strange coil over shocks?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by str8stang036, Oct 17, 2009.

1. str8stang036

I am getting close to buying strange rear coil over shocks for my minitub project. How do I know which ones to get? What spring rate?

Jose

2. LowBoostinT76

Call team z.
    Weight of vehicle front/rear and a few other things are needed to figure out what spring rate is needed.
    I was told with rear springs you want the softest that doesn't coil bind and that will allow you to tune with the rear shocks and allow the rear shocks to do there job.

3. Mike93SVT

sorry it took me so long to get back to you. just been busy lately. my car has a 10pt chromoly, all tubular suspension. 351w, s475. the goal weight of the car is under 3300 lbs and dave at team z recommended this setup for me

double adj coil overs #S5006 and #S5006PR , not sure why they're different. haven't look close enough, assuming teh valves are on opposite sides

springs #SP12125A 2.5x12" spring 125 each

spring seat kit #S1409

4. str8stang036

No problem Mike, I understand. I have an 8 month old and its hard for me to do things also.

I know I am shooting for under 3000lb. Right now I don't know the distribution of weight. I will ask Dave for suggestions.